What payment plans can be considered for rhinoplasty?

Hello. I have strongly been considering looking into a rhinoplasty. However, it is clear that they are very expensive, especially for a college student like myself. Now my question is, must you pay the full price upfront or is there a way to pay in fragments? If so, how does this work? Thank you.

Payment plans

Each practice is different but typically some payment plan option can be recommended.  Care Credit may be an option. The best thing would be to meet with a plastic surgeon and inquire what options they have. 

Payment plans

Most practices will offer some type of payment plan. One of the most common ones offered is Care Credit and you can easily apply on their website. Some offices may also require you to put a down payment down to hold your date then require everything to be paid in full by a certain time prior to your surgery. It is best to ask these questions during your consultation as every office has different policies. In regards to locating a qualified surgeon, I would recommend taking a look on the ASPS website for a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Payment options for rhinoplasty

There are several payment options that your surgeon may be able to offer you if they participate with the payment company. Care Credit is one of the companies that allows you to finance the surgery. Some practices will allow you to set up a payment plan within the office. This will all depend on the individual surgeon's policy. Hope this helps.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon