Infection after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

2 weeks ago I have done a rhinoplasty. I have been cleaning the area where I've had sutures removed everyday 3 times a day with hydrogen peroxide 3% and i have been applying aquaphor after cleaning. However, two days ago I got some redness and yellowish pus bulb on my nose. Is this an infection?

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Pustule

This may be related to a suture. You are best to discuss this with your surgeon. Best of luck........

Pustule after rhinoplasty

Hard to tell if this is a true infection. Often this is an area where long lasting sutures are placed to support the tip. These long lasting sutures can create a little reaction around it. Of course, your surgeon knows the details of the operation so I would start by asking them first. good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty postop infection

I would recommend stopping the hydrogen peroxide as this can cause significant inflammation and damage to your skin and internal nasal lining. Likely what you are experiencing is a reaction to the stitches that were placed there. If this does not resolve on its own you may benefit from bactroban ointment to the area.  

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon