I have used salicylic acid 15% but my skin is not peeling. Is this normal? Should I increase the concentration?

Salicylic Acid Peel with no peeling

Thank you for your question! Chemical peels are a great way to exfoliate the skin. Just because you did not peel doesn't mean the chemical peel did not work. I think that you should consult with and be treated by a medical professional. I would not suggest doing chemical peels on yourself at home. Chemical peels usually work best when done in a series of 3-6 treatments depending on what you're trying to treat. For more information please feel free to look at our website!

Ashburn Plastic Surgeon

I didn't peel

Thank you for your question Queen Alisa. Chemical peels work well for facial rejuvenation. Chemical peels should be performed by licensed medical professionals. The goal of a chemical peel is to get results, not to peel. For this reason we take before and after photographs to monitor our patients' progress. Usually a series of treatments is required for full results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician