I want to know what procedures I need to look refreshed? I'm in my 70s. (photos)

I had a facelift in 1983 along with fat pads removed from lower eyes. Later I had a coronal, my upper lids done and co2 on around my mouth and chin. I've never smoked. I do have hypothyroid disease. I do Not want my upper eyes looking more sunken. I do want the wrinkles around my lips, lower cheeks and upper/lower eyes to go away; neck skin gone. And a lateral browlift?

Rejuvenation surgical and non surgical

Hello! Fillers to the tear trough and cheek region, temple, lateral brow and lip areas combined with skin resurfacing and a lower face lift would give you excellent rejuvenation. I would recommend finding an experienced facial plastic surgeon for a consultation with a discussion pertaining to your desired outcomes, financial limitations if any and surgical vs non surgical expectations. Good luck!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want to know what procedures I need to look refreshed? I'm in my 70s.

Thank you for the excellent photographs and questions.  I would need to confirm this with a face-to-face examination and consultation but my sense is that you are a good candidate for secondary face and necklift combined with fat grafting of your cheeks, nasolabials, brows, prejowl areas as well as to several of your facial wrinkles followed by performance of a fractionated CO2 laser using the Active FX device.  The fat grafts not only restore volume but create a stronger jaw line and the contained stem cells stimulate rejuvenation of the skin both in texture and coloration.  Seek consultation with a couple of ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons in your area with good reputations to discuss options in detail.  I hope the video above provide you more useful information as well.  Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Nonsurgical Cheek, TempIe, Infraorbital, Mid-Face, Lip & Neck Rejuvenation All Possible With Volumizing Fillers

Your question asks for "refreshing" your skin. However, the details clearly suggest that you are looking for rejuvenation. If indeed you wish only to appear more refreshed, than an appropriate at-home regimen of prescription topical medications coupled with a series of in-office superficial peels would likely give you more refreshed, smoother, more glowing skin that would fit the definition of "refreshed."  On the other hand, you appear to actually be seeking facial and neck rejuvenation. From the photos provided, a number of simple techniques using injectable volumizing and lifting fillers would address the issues you mentioned. Sunken, hollow temples can be easily addressed with volumizing fillers. The secondary benefit of this would likely be the lateral eyebrow lift you are seeking. Fillers have become routine for treating tear troughs and under eye hollows, whether due to aging or prior surgery. Augmenting your cheeks would not only lift sagging, but diminish secondarily the smile lines and to some extent the marionette lines, which may be additionally improved if the recessed chin is augmented with filler. Defining the vermilion border of the lips, the philtrum and Cupid's Bow with a filler by themselves would help to make the white area of the upper lip appear shorter and the vertical bar code lines significantly less prominent, as would adding appropriate volume to the body of the red lips themselves. If desired,volumizing fillers can also be used to recreate a sharper angle along the posterior jaw, which, coupled with the aforementioned chin augmentation would camouflage jawline jowling. Finally, The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Necklift would help address the sagging you do not like there. All of these procedures may be done in one treatment session for a more dramatic result or may be divided over several sessions for more gradual improvements.You can learn more about each of these oby researching the archives of RealSelf.com. And you would do well to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician. Make sure to see his/her before and after photos before agreeing to proceed. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. Endoscopic brow lifting can address laxity in the forehead, brows and eyes. Meanwhile, laser resurfacing techniques can address deep and fine wrinkles in the lips. The laser-assisted weekend necklift would provide you some tightening around the neck while providing a natural-looking result. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Many offices - like ours - offer advanced imaging technology that allow the surgeon and patient to showcase realistically how certain procedures will affect your overall appearance. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

What procedures do I need to look refreshed

From the photos presented, the lower face and neck area is showing the normal signs of aging for being in your early 70s. A lower face and neck lift can accomplish tightening loose facial and neck skin, tightening loose facial and neck muscles, and removing the residual fatty compartments in the neck. The brow position is normal, therefore a brow lift is not required. For many facelift before and after results and more information, please see the link and the video below

Thanks for the good photos. When analyzing patients for rejuvenation one of the first things I do is try and determine what looks out of place on their face. It is clear your lower face looks more aged than the upper face. It would be important to bring this back to a more even look. Starting at the top you could consider fat transfer to the eyebrow area and the cheeks under the eyes just below the lower eyelids and to the prejowl sulcus. Think about a minor revision of the upper blepharoplasty. No brow lift or you will look overdone. Then think about a lower face and neck lift for the lower cheek, jowl and neck area and finally redo a laser treatment with focus on the skin around the mouth. The orbicularis oculi muscle can be divided during the facelift for a more permanent reduction of the crow's feet. This could all be accomplished at one sitting but only if your general health is good. The surgery adjusts sktissue volume and tension to a more youthful state while the laser alters the texture of the skin. And when healed make sure you follow a good regimen of skin care at home for maintenance, your surgeon will have some suggestions for this. Not all facelift surgeons are equal so look for someone with considerable experience and an artistic talent. Good Luck. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD