Does 'CoolSculpting' really get rid of fat cells?

it the procedure effective and dependable? Is there a home machine to perform the same or similar treatment for real and effective results? if so, what is it called, who manufactures it and where can it be purchased? Anything else you can tell me would be highly appreciated.

CoolSculpting freezes fat cells

CoolSculpting is FDA approved for fat reduction, and generally people will see a 20-30% reduction with each treatment cycle. It works by targeting and freezing fat cells through a process called cryolipolisis, and has been proven effective. Currently, there are no comparable home treatments available. If you are interested in reducing fat through CoolSculpting or another type of non-invasive fat reduction treatment which uses laser such as SculpSure, it is best to visit a board-certified dermatologist who has all of these devices and will be able to assess your situation and recommend the best treatment plan for you.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Is there a "home" fat freezing unit that replace Coolsculpting?

I'm sure the Coolsculpting manufacturers and doctors who utilize this technology are quaking in their boots about any home unit that can destroy their business and eliminate the need for those expensive machines and doctors' office treatments.

Coolsculpting really kills fat cells, It really works, is non-surgical, but only works for appropriate patients with localized fat. And it does not replace liposuction.

Any home unit is trying to take advantage of a potential buyer's inability to afford the "real deal" by taking their money for an ineffective device. And try to get your money back even with a 100% guaranteed money-back ironclad deal. You can probably get two units for an extra $99.95! (HINT: It won't work any better than the first unit, and dual-worthless is still worthless.)

Please don't be gullible and waste your money, no matter how little "risk" it seems. You are guaranteed to be unhappy with the outcome, and the seller is guaranteed to make money on totally worthless dreck. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Does CoolSculpting Get Rid of Fat Cells?

Thank you for your answer regarding CoolSculpting and if it really does get rid of fat cells.  The answer is YES!  CoolSculpting freezes the fat cells and then your body naturally eliminates them. This procedure does not prevent you from gaining weight. The remaining fat cells in your body will enlarge. Best to watch your diet and exercise before and after the CoolSculpting treatment.

CoolSculpting is a medical procedure that is performed in a physician's office by a certified technician. There is not any other treatment like this that you can use at home. For best results, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in CoolSculpting. Best to you!

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting really does work
It is an FDA approved device that has undergone rigorous testing and approval,
There is not other deveice like it.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Permanent fat loss after Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells. For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly." That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area. It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body. Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body. It won't just "go straight" to one area.

The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting. You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it. I have done it to myself and my staff. It is truly effective and has no down time.

Best of Luck,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Yes , CoolSculpting will get rid of about 30% of fat cells on average with one treatment.  It does this by freezing the cells and then they die and the body gets rid of them  There are no home units to perform this procedure efficiently that I am aware of.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for evalution.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

How Coolsculpting works

Yes, Coolsculpting does work by reducing the amount of fat cells in the treated areas up to 25%.

Coolsculpting uses controlled cooling to target and crystallize fat cells and is a medical treatment. The fat cells are the only things affected by this cooling process. They then gradually break down through a process call Apoptosis and are metabolized out of the body starting as soon as a few weeks up to four months. Some patients will need more then one treatment in the same area depending on the amount of reduction desired.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Yes, CoolSculpting Really Works!

The treatment is effective and dependable with an average of 20% fat reduction in the treated areas with a single treatment. In those individuals who maintain a healthy diet and an active lifestyle the results can be even more! The treatment is the result of 20 years of research and development by Harvard scientists and cannot be replicated by an at-home machine. It is the only device that is FDA approved for fat reduction using the cryolipolysis technology. Hope this helps answer your question. Feel free to contact our Sherman Oaks office with any other questions you may have.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting works but with any nonsurgical procedure, there are limitations

Short answer is yes, it works. The average fat layer reduction is 25% per the clinical studies. This number is an average and the clinical studies included appropriately selected patients. CoolSculpting was not and is not a solution for obesity, so people with large amounts of overall body fat aren't going to get the same results as those with fat "areas".

Many patients will opt for multiple sessions after a first one because they do see and like the outcome. Again, the best candidates are the ones with what are called "discreet" pockets of fat who are within a close range of normal weight for their height.

There is no home machine. If you see one on the internet, don't waste your money. Zeltiq (CoolSculpting maker) spent enormous funds on research and testing to make certain you get results without safety risks. CoolSculpting has FDA approval meaning it does what it claims and it does so safely when used according to the guidelines.

Reasons to be concerned with knockoff machines or "home" fat freezing remedies:

Too much cold directly on the skin without appropriate temperature controls could seriously damage or even kill surface tissue layers - If you hear of people using icepacks or icebaths, they are putting themselves at risk of frostbite and potential skin necrosis. Another reason to stay away from any internet scam machine or home recipe for fat freezing that could injure you.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Coolsculpting is Highly Effective fro reducing Fat cells Permanently

Coolsculpting was developed by a Harvard dermatologist and is safe and effective at reducing a bulge by 25% in a given area with only one single treatment.  There is nothing you can do at home to have this same process.  Please consult an expert in coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.