Nipples still puffy after 4 months post gyno op ?? (photos)

4 months ago I had gynecomastia surgery. My nipples are still puffy but I can't feel any hard gland behind them. My nipples actually look the same that they use to look before my surgery. I am very concern about it. Here's some pictures of how my nipples look after 4 months. Any advices?

Nipples Still Puffy 4 Months After Gynecomastia Surgery

There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and re-positioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Nipples still puffy after 4 months post gyno op

Hi alexgyno,
Thanks for the post and photos. At four months you are still not completely finished healing. If there is no firmness underneath the nipples to suggest scar tissue or residual gland tissue, then the other explanation is that the areolar skin has not completely redraped, or tightened. Just like any other part of the body, if there is excessive tissue stretching it out for a long period of time, the skin tone in that area may be reduced. A common example is people who loose a lot of weight and end up with loose skin.

I recommend that you wait at least 6 months after surgery then if it is still an issue to follow up with your surgeon regarding this. It may require a second surgery.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand.

Babak Dadvand, MD

Puffy Nipples

Thank you for your pictures. If you still have some contour issues four months after surgery then you may want to start to consider a revision. In my opinion you still do have fullness which may represent residual fat. Please seek reevaluation from your plastic surgeon and get second opinions. 

Gynecomastia

There may be glandular tissue remaining after the liposuction.  If this persists you might need to have the tissue excised with a periareolar incision.

John Burns, MD