IPL or laser for the face?

I have been having laser hair removal on the face and I'm now looking into IPL. Is IPL less effective as it's cheaper?

IPL or laser for the face?

Thanks for your query. Ipl is generally less effective than diode for hair removal. You can opt for alexandrite for laser hair removal for better results. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Face treatments

Hello, and thanks for your question. IPL is less effective at hair removal than lasers specifically designed for that use. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Fraxel does much better than IPL (or with IPL) for antiaging / color on the skin.  For hair removal I suggest a diode or microsecond yag laser.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser hair removal better for hair removal

Thanks for the question. You are able to remove hair with some IPL devices, but it does not work as well as the normal laser hair removal devices. Because the IPL will likely require more treatments to remove the hair, it may be less expensive per treatment. I would talk to someone with experience in both IPL and laser hair removal to see which device would be better suited for your treatment goals. Best of luck in your area!~Dr. Sieber

IPL for the face

What are you looking to treat? IPL is not the same treatment as laser hair removal so they don't treat the same things.... IPL treats brown and red pigments in the skin. Laser hair removal is for destroying hair follicles.
"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."