I'm getting some fluid like sensation in left breast 5 days after breast augmentation is this normal?

Normal healing

This type of sensation is normal early after breast augmentation surgery, but will go away with time.

Sensation after breast augmentation

Thank your for your question. Although this can be a familiar complaint after breast augmentation, I would highly suggest you speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns and get his/her recommendations. Good luck on your journey!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

5 Days Post Op

Shortly after BA surgery it is normal to feel a little fluid and air in the breast pocket. When swelling resolves, throughout the first few weeks this fluid is absorbed and should resolve on its own. Let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have ongoing concerns.
All the best

Fluid Sensation in Breast Following Augmentation

Yes, it is not unusual to have sensations of excess fluid in the breast, or even to experience "swooshing" sounds in the early days following breast augmentation. This should resolve itself over the next few weeks. If you have questions or concerns, be sure to ask your surgeon. In general, as long as you are not experiencing excessive swelling, heat or pain, it is your body in "recovery mode", healing itself following your surgery.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fluid Sensation After BA

Thanks for your question! It is very common to have a fluid sensation in the breast after augmentation surgery, we hear it quite a bit in our practice of doing hundreds per year. Light compression with a sports bra & just good old fashioned time & healing should make it go away. Of course, make sure that the left breast is not more swollen than the right, or red or any of the obvious signs of a hematoma/seroma or infection, and follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Fluid like sensation in the breast after BA

Thank you for your question. It is not unusual to have this feeling sometimes and usually resolve itself. Please follow instructions from your PS

Fluid on the breast!

Yes, this is a common occurrence, but resolves in almost every case so don't worry. I'd suggest binding the breast, thereby putting pressure on it. This pressure should reduce the amount of fluid present and should eradicate it. Good luck!

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS