Do my breasts look ruptured? (Photos)

I had breast surgery in March 2015. Over the last few months they are looking saggy and one looks very different shape and size to the other. Please can you help with this does one look ruptured. I had 310 round gel implants. Please help and advise me.

Rupture

without getting an MRI there would be no way to tell if you have a leak with gel implants. With saline your breasts would deflate , with silicone they do not. 

Contracture more likely

Good morning!Sorry to hear of your concern.  Silicone gel implants are very very difficult to rupture.  I have had patients in car accidents, skiing accidents, motorcycle accidents, I even had one lady fall off a cliff(!) and have never seen a gel implant rupture from trauma- especially one only a year old.The more likely culprit for your shape change is a scar contracture- scar tissue forming around your implant.  A visit with your PS will give you your answer.I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Are my implants ruptured?

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam and possibly more importantly some radiographic imaging--it is impossible to know if your implants are ruptured.  Please see your plastic surgeon to be evaluated and good luck. 

Shape

You may not be ruptured, but you may have developed a capsular contracture. I would suggest going back to your surgeon and being seen. Your surgeon can check you and best advise you for treatment.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants ruptured?

It would be unlikely that a one year old implant would be ruptured but anything is possible. You appear to have a capsular contracture which means that the scar tissue around the implant has gotten firm. Sometimes this does happen in response to implant rupture but more commonly it is a random event. I would return to your plastic surgeon and see what they think. A mammogram/ultrasound may be able to check your implant integrity and is certainly cheaper than an MRI. Good luck.

Karen Quigley, MD

Do my implants look ruptured?

With silicone implants, as opposed to saline, it can be very difficult to determine a leak without other diagnostic testing. Some of the better ultra-sound systems can detect leaks and MRI is the standard for diagnosing silicone implant problems. Definitely see your plastic surgeon and have your concerns evaluated to be vcertain everything is ok.

Concerned

Thank you for your question and photos. The most reliable way to check for rupture of a silicone gel implant is with an MRI. Another possible issue is capsular contracture. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. A thorough history and physical examination will help shed light on what may be going on and allay your concerns. Good luck!

Ruptured implants

Sorry that you are having problems. It is impossible to tell from a picture if you have a ruptured implant. However, if your implant shape has changed you may have developed a capsular contracture around the implant. I would suggest that you see your surgeon. Good luck.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Changes after breast augmentation

It is unlikely that your implant is ruptured.  You may developing capsular contracture, which can cause these changes.  Capsular contracture refers to the scar tissue around the implant.  This scar tissue can contract over time, which can displace the implant and cause breast asymmetry.  It is important to personally discuss these concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.

Jarrod Little, MD

Do my breasts look ruptured?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though no clear evidence of rupture exists in your pictures I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and possible radiological testing to assess the integrity of your implants.  Best wishes.