Am I a candidate for male chest liposuction or not? (Photo)

Am I a candidate for male chest liposuction or not?

I would recommend an in person consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs many of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Am I a candidate for male chest liposuction or not

I do think your chest would be flatter with some liposuction. I cannot tell from the photo the quality of your skin or if there are stretch marks. Those two things will affect how well the skin can shrink after the liposuction. If you have lost skin elasticity, you might end up with some loose skin, leaving you looking better in clothing with some level of saggy skin without a shirt on

Julio Garcia, MD

You need both for optimal results

You should consult a n expert who performs gynecomastia surgeries often in order to get optimal results with no recurrence.Just be careful who you choose.   

Mordcai Blau, MD

Male breast surgery.

You have provided an inadequate picture. However, from l what I can tell, yes, you could get substantial improvement from liposuction in this area. I would recommend power assisted lipo or ultrasonic lipo.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

You may be a candidate for gynecomastia surgery

Thank you for your question. It's very difficult to tell from your photo whether you are a candidate. It is possible. It looks like you may have excess fatty tissue in your chest. The only way to know for sure is to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience performing male breast reduction. You may be able to get the results you want with liposuction alone, as compared to liposuction combined with excision of the tissue. Best of luck.

Adam L. Basner, MD

Are you a candidate for male chest liposuction?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Chest liposuction

I think that you would have to be seen in person to see if you are a candidate or not.  The photo you posted is not ideal. 

Thank you for the question and picture. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. 

Generally speaking, liposuction surgery alone is useful to treat lipomastia (an enlarged chest secondary to adipose tissue); rarely does it suffices as the only modality of treatment when it comes to treating true gynecomastia. Most patients with gynecomastia benefit from direct excision of glandular tissue plus/minus peripheral liposuction surgery.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Who is a Gynecomastia Surgery Candidate

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Chest Liposuction

It appears from your limited photo that you are a candidate for chest liposuction.  I would recommend slim liposuction.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD