Can you get cool sculpting done and then 1 year later get a Mommy makeover done with lipo included?

Coolsculpting and then later Mommy makeover

Yes, one of the great things about the non-invasive or non-surgical body contouring procedures like Coolsculpting or SculpSure is that they do not preclude doing any other type of treatment down the road. Hopefully you will be satisfied with where these treatments could take you, but if you felt that you needed more bulk removed, or skin tightening, there would be no problem with doing anything else at a later date.

Lipo after Coolsculpting.

Yes, Coolsculpting will reduce the current size of your fat layer.  It will have no effect on any future liposuction.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Coolsculpting and future surgery

Coolsculpting treatments should have no bearing on future surgical treatments as long as the swelling and inflammation has resolved.  Coolsculpting can sometimes be used to get some results until patients have more time for more invasive techniques.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Can you undergo mommy makeover after cool sculpting

Thanks for your question. I am unclear as to why you would do that. Cool sculpting is a very effective, non-surgical modality for fat reduction. This treatment will have very little affect on skin tightening and no affect on muscle tightening. In a typical "mommy makeover" a tummy tuck is usually the treatment of choice since most moms are left with loose skin and muscle after pregnancy. 

With that said, you are definitely able to have a mommy makeover after cool sculpting. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Coolsculpting before lipo?

This is perfectly fine to do. There is no scarring from Coolsculpting. If the results need further reductions, surgery can be performed. Tightening of lax skin is not possible with Coolsculpting and that might need surgery in your case.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting doesn't prevent you from having surgical procedures in the future.  It is a safe and effective way for reduction of fat that requires no downtime.

CoolSculpting Then Later Mommy Makeover?

CoolSculpting would not prevent you from having surgery in the future if you are in good health and a candidate for surgery. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Cryolipolysis or for the specific technique you are referrring to is one modality of treatment that is best suited for reducing the profile in specific areas. It is not a method of weight loss but can be a valuable adjunct to a programme if devised carefully and with a comprehensive plan.

I think that you have thought this through but certainly after a year there should be no reason why you should not be able to undergo a makeover including liposuction; I always include various levels of liposuction in makeover procedures; the Cool Sculpting as a preliminary procedure could actually contribute to and enhance the final result!

Best wishes for your body rejuvenation journey!

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and future mommy make over

There has been no data or evidence stating that you cannot undergo a surgical procedure in the same are as you have had coolsculpting. I would recommend being honest with your surgeon and stating that you have had coolsculpting and where so that he or she can make sure you are completely healed to obtain you best possible results. Hope this helps!

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Liposculpture /Cool Sculpting

That timeline is fine for those procedures. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer