Can you get cool sculpting done and then 1 year later get a Mommy makeover done with lipo included?

You can have a mommy makeover after CoolSculpting®.

There shouldn't be any reason you can't schedule CoolSculpting® now and then follow up with a mommy makeover later on, with or without liposuction. A mommy makeover typically combines body contouring with breast enhancement, so CoolSculpting® could further enhance your overall results. Check with a board-certified plastic surgeon to develop a customized treatment plan that can help you meet your appearance goals.

Mommy Makeover and Liposuction After CoolSculpting

Thank you very much for your question. CoolSculpting will not impede any future body sculpting procedures. CoolSculpting is approved by the Food and Drug Administration as a safe, noninvasive fat elimination method, and should not have any bearing on future treatments, such as a Mommy Makeover or liposuction. I recommend that you speak with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can give you advice on the optimal technique necessary to achieve your desired results.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is possible to have liposuction done after coolsculpting.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting before a mommy makeover will be absolutely safe!

Hello and thank you for asking this question. I love CoolSculpting, believe me! You're perfectly fine to go ahead with it and proceed with a mommy makeover and liposuction next year. I'm not sure I if you're planning on CoolSculpting the abdomen area, but if you are a good candidate for your upcoming surgical procedure, you are going to have beautiful results, even if you don't have CoolSculpting. 

Exciting plans! I wish you the best,

Jenn Harrington, MD

You can have CoolSculpting done and then elect to have a surgical procedure at a later time. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and then later Mommy makeover

Yes, one of the great things about the non-invasive or non-surgical body contouring procedures like Coolsculpting or SculpSure is that they do not preclude doing any other type of treatment down the road. Hopefully you will be satisfied with where these treatments could take you, but if you felt that you needed more bulk removed, or skin tightening, there would be no problem with doing anything else at a later date.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

Lipo after Coolsculpting.

Yes, Coolsculpting will reduce the current size of your fat layer.  It will have no effect on any future liposuction.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Coolsculpting and future surgery

Coolsculpting treatments should have no bearing on future surgical treatments as long as the swelling and inflammation has resolved.  Coolsculpting can sometimes be used to get some results until patients have more time for more invasive techniques.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Can you undergo mommy makeover after cool sculpting

Thanks for your question. I am unclear as to why you would do that. Cool sculpting is a very effective, non-surgical modality for fat reduction. This treatment will have very little affect on skin tightening and no affect on muscle tightening. In a typical "mommy makeover" a tummy tuck is usually the treatment of choice since most moms are left with loose skin and muscle after pregnancy. 

With that said, you are definitely able to have a mommy makeover after cool sculpting. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Coolsculpting before lipo?

This is perfectly fine to do. There is no scarring from Coolsculpting. If the results need further reductions, surgery can be performed. Tightening of lax skin is not possible with Coolsculpting and that might need surgery in your case.

Steven F. Weiner, MD