Feeling too good? (Photo)

Ok so I am like 10 days post op. I feel great!! I haven't had any pain meds for a 5 days and I have had zero bruising. My incisions were a little sore up until a couple days ago but now I feel great!! I have full motion of my arms with no pain at all.... So my question is can it be to good to be true?? Or am I hearing right on track?? Should I increase my activity??

Good recovery

This should be the normal recovery process. Be glad and enjoy your results. Follow your surgeon's instruction for the best opportunity for the best result.

Breast implant healing: No such thing as feeling too good

It sounds like you are right on track and your healing is more the norm than not. You should check on your surgeon's protocol for activity. I advise my patients who use their arms a lot for work that they are okay to start by the 14th day after surgery (they might be a little sore), and they should be good to go at three weeks for activities like running, aerobics, lower body weights, and swimimming. Hope this information is reassuring and helpful. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

Thank you for your question. Recovery after a breast augmentation can be very straight forward with the right surgeon.  Precise technique with minimal trauma leads to little pain after surgery. I suggest you wait at least 3 weeks before doing any running or exercise even if you're feeling great. It's best to be sure that everything is healed. Best is to follow your chosen surgeon's instructions  as every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures.

Feeling too good?

I’m glad to hear you are feeling so well after your surgery!  Every patient recovers at their own pace and although you feel great, I would still take it easy as to not over exert yourself and regress in your recovery.  Follow the post-op recommendations provided to you by your surgeon and increase your activity slowly.  It takes the body 8 weeks to form scars that are strong enough to withstand most activities.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Feeling Great After Breast Augmentation

Everyone heals differently, sounds like you are doing good. Most patients only need pain medication for 3 or 4 days. It is important to follow your surgeons instructions and not over do it, I tell my patients to avoid any strenuous exercise for 4 to 6 weeks to avoid swelling. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Feel good after BA

Thank you for your question. Sounds like you are doing well and recovering. Please follow instructions from your PS for activity level.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon