Bra types? How much should I wear it? (Photo)

Ok so I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I had my follow up with my PS yesterday and everything is coming along. He told me I need to wear a bra that pushes the implants together so I will achieve cleavage... I forgot to ask how long I wear it and if I slee in it... Any suggestions on bra types and how much I should wear it to get the cleavage??

No bras, straps or appliances will create something that was not created in surgery

After breast augmentation I find no particular advantage to the use of surgical bras. In fact, I find that they can do more harm than good. They hold the implants too high, preventing them from dropping into position. In addition, they can put pressure on the healing breast or the wound. They provide no advantage. If the surgery was performed correctly, external appliances after surgery are unnecessary to achieve the appropriate final implant position. At one month we allow the patients to wear a soft cup bra with no underwire.  At two months, they can wear any bra with a wire without push up.  Before three months it is not wise to buy a whole new set of bras.  By six months, the bra size is not going to change.  You need to try bras on.  Being measured is almost never productive and almost always oversizes.  Find the ones that you like the way they fit.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your augmentation.  As each physician will have their own garment recommendations tailored to your surgical procedure it would be best to reach out to your surgeon for their recommendations.  Some physicians do not want patients wearing any garment, while others feel wearing a non-underwire bra for up to 6 weeks is needed.  Hope this helps.

Best bra type?

Every surgeon seems to have a different post op protocol when it comes to choosing a bra. Best to call your operating surgeon for additional details so you can get your best possible results!

Every surgeon has his/her own opinion about bras based on the type and placement of the implant used. I would suggest calling your surgeon's office and asking.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon