SF Iso Affordable Earlobe Repair Surgery in Phx,Az or Any Surrounding Area?

My 7 mth old nephew ripped my earring out resulting in the tear. It has healed, but is now discolored (plum, red-purplish color) and irritated. I admit when it feels itchy, I rub the 2 splits until I feel relief... This results in a runny clear discharge that drips until it congeals and scabs over. The endings are also "puffy" when at this state. However, when I can refrain the discoloration goes away and my natural color returns. There is no itchiness and therefore no irregular sizing.

Doctor Answers 2

Ear lobe repair

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sounds like you need to have a plastic surgeon evaluate your ear and repair the defect. This is a simple office procedure.

New York Plastic Surgeon

Ear Lobe Repair?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.
Pierced/stretched earlobes  can be easily reconstructed under local anesthesia with minimal risk and recovery time.  It is important to  re-approximate the curved earlobe  precisely to avoid step off or other visible deformity.  Re-piercing  is probably best delayed  a few months if the new piercing site is that all close to the closed site.

Best wishes.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.