I am 4 months post op, lift/500 silicone unders. One high, tight, sore, one low with no pole volume. Do I need revision? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
Breast assymetry after lift/aug
Unhappy after implants and lift
- Your photo suggests you have stretch marks in your upper chest, suggesting significant loss of skin elasticity,
- You have large implants and heavy ones - silicone weighs more than saline,
- Your pain on the R side suggests the possibility of an early capsule on that side,
- Your implant on the L appears to have caused the lift to re-stretch.
- A revision may improve this - but it will require careful planning.
Most likely you will need smaller or lighter implants to take stress off your tissues,
- a capsule release, ADM for support (acellular dermal matrix implants) and a textured implant.
- You should return to your plastic surgeon to review the problem and consider what can be done.
- Best wishes.
Hard to tell...
You might also like...
Reasons for asymmetry after breast augmentation
Assuming both breasts were even after breast augmentation and breast lift. The most common reason for the right breast to sit high and the left to sit low is differential healing and scarring around the implants. I've seen a direct correlation of the amount of scar tissue that forms around a breast implant with the activity level of the individual shortly after surgery. The right side formed more internal scarring and therefore that additional scar has prevented the right breast from sagging or settling at the same rate as the left breast. This is most common with right handed individual who use their right arm much more than the left arm. If you wish for both breasts to heal the same you need to use both arms the same. The reason for this is shortly after surgery the internal tissue around the breast implant is highly vascular and with excessive use of the arm you are more likely to cause small tears in the breast capsule. This leads to a small amount of bleeding. Where blood forms is where scars will form later. You will need to support the left breast constantly so the internal scar does not stretch and try massaging the right breast to relax the scar. You may even try to use ultrasonic treatment to try to soften the scar of the right breast.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.