Is there something wrong with this? I am so swollen and I'm taking arnica pills, and icing (Photo)

A little over 24 hrs now and I can't seem to get the swelling down. I even put a pillow under me to level it out some. I spray warm water as a peeing and the blood still drips. Some of it I think is dried. Is everything look okay please help

You look fine at this time

Dear Exprsssurself91:

You do have a lot of swelling and it is hard to say whether you will like your cosmetic surgery results until it goes away.  At this point all looks good I think you just need to be patient.  Call your MD to ask his/her recommendations but give it time to heal and re assess yourself in 6 weeks.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Swollen at 24 Hours Post-Op

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months.

Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and the way in which your body heals.

Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.

Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.

With it being so soon after surgery it would be good to continue caring for the area a few days longer and see if the situation improves. Then, if your concerns continue it would be good to have your first follow-up with your surgeon to make sure that healing is progressing well. He will always be the best advice on your case.

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would give yourself some more time to heal before judging your results. It takes at least 4-6 weeks for swelling to fully go down for the labia to shrink in size. Over this 6 week period, you results will still change slightly and one side may heal quicker than the other. If after six weeks you are still unhappy with your results, I would consult your doctor for a revision or seek a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in labiaplasty. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

24 Hours After Labiaplasty

Hi... It is very very early after your procedure.  Swelling and bruising do not subside so quickly.  Continue to follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions and be patient.  You should see improvement in swelling and bruising within the week but some swelling can remain for longer.  Good luck and be patient.
Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Is there something wrong with this?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Many patients with thicker labial tissues will experience greater amounts of swelling after surgery and it sounds as if you are doing appropriate treatments to help minimize and resolve yours.  There does not appear to be any specific concerns in your appearance but you do need to allow your results time to mature.  Best wishes. 

I'm swolen at 24 hours post labiaplasty

Some bleeding and swelling is common after Labiaplasty. Please keep your surgeon informed, but you'll see a decrease in the bleeding and swelling over time. Too swollen and too early at this time to say if things will "look okay" in the end. Things will look surprisingly better at 6 weeks, so stay calm and confident.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

One day post-op labiaplasty with swelling. Is this normal?

Dear Expressurself91,

Thank you for writing in with your question and sharing your photo.  Your surgeon should have reviewed post-op expectations as well as be providing you with instructions for post-op care.  Swelling usually lasts 1-2 weeks depending on the method and use of local anesthesia but can take up to 3 months to completely resolve.

Using the cool packs, Sitz baths, over-the-counter numbing spray (Dermaplast) and a perineal squirt bottle (sounds like you may have this) while you urinate are helpful.  Moist chamomile tea bags can be soothing.  Anti-inflammatory meds like Advil or ibuprofen every 6-8 hours over the next week will also help, in addition to pain meds if needed.  If pain or selling worsen, see your surgeon right away.

I hope this information is helpful and speedy recovery.

Sincerely,

Troy Robbin Hailparn, MD FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Woe and misery 24 hours after your labiaplasty?

Swelling hurts, especially around the clitoris. Lying down with your butt elevated with a pillow helps. So do staying off your feet and taking anti-inflammatory pain killers. So long as the swelling is not increasing hour by hour, it should resolve on it's own. If that's not doing the job, call your surgeon.