Severe pain 2 weeks post liposuction? (photo)

I had liposuction of my inner and outer thighs, hips and upper/ lower abdomen done on the 7 October. I'm still in agony tho, feet and ankles swollen and on battling to walk and my inner thighs have 2 large bulges on the inside, about 10-15cm in diameter. The area where the bulges are are red and inflamed ( no bruising ). I'm achy and don't feel well and I'm having shooting pains in my thighs. Please is this normal? Regards, Delia

Liposuction

You should see your PS or go to an ER. I would be worried about an infection. Please get assessed ASAP.

Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

See your physician immediately

After liposuction you should not have "severe" pain, most people are uncomfortable a few days, but that quickly subsides. Swelling is normal for weeks to months after surgery, but never anything that I have seen causing much distress. If there are lumps, large areas of swelling or drainage, changes of the skin color/warmth, or severe pain/change in sensation, you must see the physician who treated you immediately to rule out any infection or seroma/hematoma formation. By two weeks you should be improving dramatically everyday. If that is not the case, see your physician or get a second opinion right away. Wish you the best, Dr. E.

See your physician immediately

Have you seen your surgeon?

Based on what you are describing, I would be worried about a possible infection. You should speak to your plastic surgeon and get assessed. Redness and pain, aches, swelling suggest an underlying infection

Have you seen your surgeon?