Have a Severe Diastasis Recti & Look 7 Mo Pregnant. Looking for Someone Who Specializes in TT Repair in Dallas/ East TX? (photo)

I have a very severe case of diastasis recti and am looking for an Expert in muscle repair in the Dallas or East Texas area. I look about 7 months pregnant and am asked when I am due all the time. This is heartbreaking as I am not a heavy person. I need someone who has fixed many severe cases. My muscles are well over a fist apart and everything in my body falls forward creating the pregnant look. Please help me improve the quality of my life.

Have a Severe Diastasis Recti & Look 7 Mo Pregnant. Looking for Someone Who Specializes in TT Repair in Dallas/ East TX?

Diastasis and overall abdominal wall laxity can be improved.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Severe Diastasis Recti

Closing a diastasis is a routine part of a tummy tuck, a routine operation. Although it may not be difficult to find someone who calls himself/herself and expert, I would doubt that you will find such genuine expertise..  Ask to see photos in the consultant office, and ascertain that the surgeon does a reasonable volume of  tummy tucks (20 a year seems a reasonable threshold). 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.