Severe Breast Pain in One Breast From Falling. Should I Consult a Dr?

In december 2011 I fell against side of pool and hit my one breast on side, it was extremley painful that it took my breath away. Since then (now april 2012) I have had severe pain on the breast nd it is extremley painful to touch. I think there is a lump on the breast but not certain, should I consult a doctor or leave it?

Doctor Answers 3

See a doctor for breast pain

Yes, I would recommend a consultation with your doctor to explore why you are continuing to experience pain. Tests, such as an ultrasound or MRI may be needed to see deep to the skin what may be causing your discomfort.  Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Consult if breast pain? Yes.

You possibly developed a hematoma around the implant, most likely inside the capsule.  This would explain the palpable mass and associated pain.  Also, you have to determine if the implant has ruptured or not.  An MRI would be in order to answer these questions.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

Breast pain after blunt trauma

should be formally evaluated since time alone has not resulted in its resolution.  You do not mention if you have implants but if you do, even more so so the integrity of the implant can be evaluated.  Do not ignore your symptoms and I hope you will schedule your appointment with a doctor soon.  If you do have implants, I would suggest a plastic surgeon.  If you do not have implants, then you could see general surgeons who specialize in breast surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.