Sever Pain After Wisdom Tooth Extraction?

I have sever pain in my jaw war and temple after getting a lower left wisdom tooth out. I'm also unable to open my mouth, it will only open enough to fit my small finger, i got the tooth out 4 days ago, seen the dentist today who prescribed amoxicillin sachets x2 and then 400mg of metronidazole 3 times a day, iv also got 600mg ibuprofen. However the pain relief only lasts about 2 hrs and then I'm in complete agony to the point where I am pacing the floors,I'm all swollen and it awful pain.

Sever Pain After Wisdom Tooth Extraction

The most common adverse occurrence of a wisdom tooth extraction is dry socket or alveolar osteitis. The condition is created when the blood clot in the surgical site accidentally dislodges.  Once that occurs, bone along the extraction socket becomes inflamed and very painful.  This can be resolved quickly by packing medication into the socket and it will simulate a new blood clot.

Van Nuys Dentist