Will a Body Garment Help With Seroma After Vaser Lipo? (photo)

(I am now concerned even more, I have a body garment I was given shall I wear that 24/7), will that help with the Seroma? is this harmful to my body? shall I seek medical advise from my local hospital), I cannot go back to the surgeon he is abroad and I do not have the money to go back and see him). I feel a right fool now. 3 weeks post

Will a Body Garment Help With Seroma After Vaser Lipo

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes #pain, take it off. But inform your doctor!

Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following #Vaser. So, you must have patience. The swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Seroma

The pictures you have shown seem to be pretty accurate for vaser lipo after 3 weeks. Brusing and swelling is different for everyone. I don't see signs of a seroma, You should be using your garment as much as possible with breaks in between is ok. You should wear for at least a few months.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Will a Body Garment Help With Seroma After Vaser Lipo?

If these are 3 week post op photos you are still very black&blue. I feel you need immediate medical attenion to the seroma. Which I can not really see in your posted photos. CALL your surgeon please.