I'm one week post labiaplasty, in pain and bleeding. What can I do? (Photo)

I had labiplasty a week ago. I cannot sit nor walk. It still hurts but not for painkillers. Tonight I started bleeding a lot, not my period, it is different. I will visit my doc but he is not in country now. Is this ok. Nobody knows I did this so I have to return to my normal activities in a week. Help, please. Is this ok? And will I be fine in a week? Thanks

I'm one week post labiaplasty, in pain and bleeding. What can I do

Thank you for your question. Persistent pain and bleeding 7 days post procedure not common.  Please contact your surgeon or the on call number for the practice for an examination. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

1 Week post op

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort. Hopefully you've been treated by now. Don't hesitate to see your Plastic Surgeon in person for pain or swelling that seems concerning.

All the best

Swelling and bleeding after a Labiaplasty

Swelling and bleeding after a #Labiaplasty
Hopefully this has resolved by now but i would be concerned about a small hematoma or blood collection
You should be seen by a doctor

Swollen clitoris

Your clitoral area is very swollen plus it has a bluish discoloration. This could be due to just bruising but could also be due to a hematoma. You should see your physician regarding this. One cannot tell what your end result will be at this time due to the swelling present, which can be normal. Best to wait 6 weeks and reassess the anatomy then.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

I'm one week post labiaplasty, in pain and bleeding. What can I do?

In the image that you posted, your clitoral hood appears to be quite swollen. Painful swelling with that appearance is most often a hematoma, or a collection of blood. That is a problem that should be evaluated emergently. Please contact your doctor or whomever is covering and be evaluated immediately. Good luck

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Pain and bleeding one week after Labialplasty

If bleeding does not subside 15 min after pressure, best to seek medical assessment. 
Pain after surgery at one week is within norm. 

Clitoral hood swollen after labiaplasty

Your clitoral hood appears unusually swollen and has a blue discoloration. This is typical of a hematoma and needs to be addressed by your surgeon promptly or by whomever is caring for his patients while he/she is away.

Bad surgery

I'm sorry. It appears that you have had a labiectomy. Use ice, Ibuprofen and a hemorrhoid cream or ointment for relief. Most likely you started out with normal anatomy. Women should speak to at least 2 surgeons before having cosmetic surgery. Look at the doctors photos of the preocedure. The physician should be able to describe the procedure they intend to do in detail. This may help gauge if the surgeon at least knows what they are talking about or not.

Post op labiaplasty pain

Generally labiaplasty is not very painful. Your photos look like you are bruised and swollen. You should rest with your pelvis elevated on 2 pillows, use ice packs, and try not to stand for long periods of time. Do not do any sports and contact the coveting physician for additional advice.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Pain & Bleeding 1 Week after Labiaplasty

I'm sorry about your pain. Your surgeon should have someone covering his practice while he is out of the country. It would be a good idea to be evaluated by that person now. 

Occasionally if healing is slower than anticipated, it's necessary to delay a return to activities. The doctor can let you know how you're doing. Your health and recovery are most important right now. 

Click on the link below read about a labiaplasty patient's experience.

All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon