Fat Nose and Deviated Septum Still Present After Septo-Rhinoplasty

I broke my nose about four years ago 8 months ago. I had a Septo-Rhinoplasty for it. However, the results were not what I wanted. It has made my nose fatter and the problem is still there, the bridge of my nose is still deviated, not to mention the lower part of my nose has also become worse. I used to love my nose; is it possible to have it fixed? If yes, what is the procedure called? I live in UK. Could anyone recommend me a good surgeon in my area? I would appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks!

Doctor Answers 3

Revision rhinoplasty and septoplasty

It is unfortunate that you had a septorhinoplasty for a broken nose and it is still crooked and twisted. There are procedures such as osteotomies and spreader grafts that could further straighten the nasal pyramid. Airflow dynamics through the nose could be improved with another septoplasty. It is possible to have a revision rhinoplasty at the same time.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 145 reviews

Revision rhinoplasty

You should seek out a surgeon who performs a ggod number of revision, or secondary rhinoplasties as this is often a more difficult operation than the first rhinoplasty and multiple operations on the nose is best avoided. In other words, go to several consults and try to choose the surgeon who you feel has the best surgical plan to provide the result you desire. Best of luck!

W. Tracy Hankins, MD
Henderson Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 299 reviews

You need a revision or secondary rhinoplasty.


Bad results after rhinoplasty are not so rare, unfortunately.  I would wait a full year, and then see a nose expert. Contact the British Plastic Surgery Society for names.  And ask to see lots of before and after pictures.  It sounds like you need a secondary rhinoseptoplasty.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.