Multiple creases after Eyelid Surgery, are they permanent? (photo)

It is the day after stitches have been removed. There are multiple creases on my eyelids, however the aim of the surgery was to decrease my high eyelids on both eyes and have just assymetric eyelid folds. Are these creases permanent due to bad surgery? Or will it eventually settle in to the one fold that i wanted? Please advise me. Thank you so much

You surgeon did not help you.

Give this a couple of months.  If it is still not right, consider seeing my colleague Yoon-Duck Kim, MD, PhD, the Director of Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery and Professor of Ophthalmology at the Samsung Medical Center in Seoul.

Creases after eyelid surgery

I specialize in eyelid surgery. Every day I tell patients I spend a third of my professional time getting patients ready for surgery, a third of my time doing it, and a third of my time telling them, "Don't worry, it takes months to heal. Almost certainly your concern will resolve in time." It's waaaaaay to early for you to be concerned about those lines. Technically speaking, wounds mature and improve for 12 to 15 months after surgery or trauma.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Crease placement after eyelid surgery

It is difficult to say from the photo provided but it appears there is considerable swelling present of the upper lids, which is expected this soon following surgery.  The crease should sharpen and become more symmetric as the swelling subsides.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon