Are we allowed to apply moisturizers and sunblock creams and oils on nose post Rhinoplasty?

Hello I had a rhinoplasty a week ago and I just removed the bandages. I would like to,ask you if we can put creams and oils ( I use olive and coconut oil on my face) over the nose as well. Or is theabsorption of these substances going to harm the healing and damage tissues. If so, how long should I wait till I can apply creams on nose Thank you so much

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Moisturizer and sunblock

Every surgeon is different with their post-surgery regimen. I would ask your surgeon directly. In general, I recommend my patients to stay out of the sun for the first few weeks and to use a toner or astringent to help with the oil production. After that, I do recommend a sunscreen on the face daily as a general practice. Coconut and olive oil shouldn't cause an issue but will cause the nose to stay oily longer.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon