When Will the Sensation of a "Foreign Body" in my Chest Go Away?

I am 41 years old and had silicon implants to increase my breast size from a A on the right and B on the left to a C cup on both sides. I am 7 weeks post surgery and had alot of pain until a week ago. My energy is still very low and I feel very aware of the sensation of the implants in my chest. I cannot hug anyone due to the discomfort. I am constantly aware of this sensation. Will this go away? And if so, how long does it take?

Your new implants will become your new breasts

be reassured that every one recovers from surgery differently. in time, your implants will become a part of you and you won't even think about it anymore. It may take 3-12 months after surgery to accomplish this.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

When Will the Sensation of a "Foreign Body" in my Chest Go Away

This depends on how large the implants are and the capacity of the breast envelope. I typically advise may patients that it will be a MINIMUM of 2 months before they will start to "take ownership" of the implants and incorporate them as part of their body image.

Implants and sensation

I think it takes a while for most women to feel comfortable with their new breasts.  Give it some more time, it should get better.

Implants and sensation