What kinds of procedures would you suggest for my face? (photos)

I'm about to go to a surgeon to discuss rhinoplasty. I have a dorsal hump and I think my nose is also just a little bit overprojected. But I was curious about other features in my face and if a doctor who's worked with someone's face and beauty desires would have any other suggestions about it. I actually think I'm quite cute from the front view, but my profile makes me look like a completely different person. I'm not trying to achieve barbie perfection, I'm just open to suggestion. Thanks!

Scarless Closed Rhinoplasty is the best option for you

I would suggest you see a surgeon who performs only scarless closed rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical practice.  Scarless rhinoplasty allows you to address the bump on your profile and fix the radix without any external cuts or scars.  You have a great nose.  Just needs a little tiny finesse to improve it to match your face. Beautiful nose and face!  

Rhinoplasty

I think you would certainly benefit from a rhinoplasty. The rest of your face is in excellent balance with an oval shape and attractive features.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Most people do not recognize or like themselves that much in the side view because it is not a perspective from which we frequently see ourselves. I think you would be surprised how much difference a rhinoplasty would make in your side profile and is really your only facial feature that is out of proportion with the rest of your face.

Rhinoplasty

I think that you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Best to be evaluated in person to review your goals an perform a proper exam.

Nose

ashleyhope12, hard to evaluate photos that are not the proper angles, lighting etc. but I would definitely agree with a rhinoplasty and perhaps a brow lift. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has great photos. Search the Internet and see the video

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

What kinds of procedures would you suggest for my face?

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, you would benefit from a Rhinoplasty. We need to remove the dorsal hump and redifine the tip.  This will create a better balance in your face. I recommed that you look for a Board Certified Surgeon that has extensive experience on Rhinoplasty. Good luck

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making all of the changes to your nose with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down in order to remove it and improve the Aesthetics of the bridge line. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones can accomplish narrowing the width of the nose. Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. The nose can also be de-projected as well. For more information and many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty and Facial Harmony

Thanks for your post and thoughtful comments. I believe that you are an excellent candidate to consider the benefits of a well planned and performed primary rhinoplasty to improve your dorsal hump and nasal projection. In my view, refinement rhinoplasty through an open approach is all you "need" for profile benefits to a youthful, attractive face. Devote your efforts to finding your choice of the best rhinoplasty surgeon and have an in-person consultation for his/her recommendations. Best Wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon