Do Smart Lipo Incisions ever go away, and is normal for it to look this way? (photos)

I got smart lipo Jan 30th 2015 and I still have the incisions. I was wondering if they ever go away and is it normal to be 10months in and for it to look this way?

SmartLipo scars

Scars are permanent, and at almost 2 years post-op, it is unlikely they are going to improve much.  To my eye, the main issues are darker pigmentation and slight widening.  The hyperpigmentation might improve with Hydroquinone use, but the widening can only be improved with a revision.  I suggest you discuss it with your original surgeon or another experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Scar Revison

It appears that the scars would best be excised and resutured to achieve optimal results.

These seem to be spread and depressed and would look better if revised.
Talk to your surgeon.

Try silicone gel sheeting or gels

Mederma, NewGel, etc can be applied to the skin to fade scars. Try them out for a few months. If you're out in the sun, cover the scars or use a strong sunblock.

Smart Lipo Scar Solutions--lasers, skin lightening creams, revision

Sometimes these scars are permanent and some go away in months to years. I suggest a combination of lasers, skin lightening creams and/or scar revision to see improvement. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Scarring After Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Everyone heals differently but your scars will most likely continue to fade overtime. Typically it can take 6 months for the redness of the scar to dissipate. You can try silicone scar pad  treatments to help  with the appearance. You could also discuss other scar treatment options with your surgeon. He may be able to help. Best of luck with your healing. 

Kenneth A. Godwin, DO
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo incisions

After almost 2 years, with little improvement, you may consider scar revision to improve them and modalities afterwards. 

Discussion with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Liposuction incision scars

Thanks for your question. Typically by 7-8 months, any incisional scar will start to fade into a more normal skin tone. Sometimes they can stay more pink/red for a while longer. You might want to have your surgeon take a look. There are things we might be able to do to lighten the color. It looks like you have a nice result from the Smartlipo though! Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Your incisions will keep improving with time

they should keep improving with time. Most of these small incisions have usually faded much quicker than yours have. wait another year and if still not much improved, you surgeon can re-excise them and close them and that may do the trick. they will never disappear totally but they are usually quite hard to see with time.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon