I had cool sculpting done on my back fat above my bra strap towards my armpit and it looks like on side wasn't positioned right?

I had Coolsculpting done to target back fat above my bra strap towards my armpit. It looks like one side was positioned wrong judging by the marks on my back. It's about 2 1/2 inches more towards the middle of my back than the other side. Will this leave a noticeable indent in my skin? Should I have it done again to correct it?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
the applicator is placed at the area of most fat

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and back fat

Coolsculpting works extremely well on the back fat and bra fat. It may be necessary to attach the applicator at different angles on different sides of the body to address various asymmetries.  I would wait until 4 months has elapsed to evaluate the results of your treatment.  I would not re-treat the area just now.

Wait

Your fat may not be in the same areas on either side of your body.  Also, the machine treats more areas than just the bruised area that you may see.  I would wait to see your results before running to re-treat.  

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Possible uneven CoolSculpting result.

CoolSculpting results and symmetry when two different sides are treated are dependent on pre-existing asymmetry and the placement of the CoolSculpting head by the person performing the CoolSculpting. Very often there is enough asymmetry to require a different placement of the CoolSculpting head from side to side. It will take 3 months from the date of your treatment to realize your final result. At that time it would be reasonable to discuss further treatments with your treating physician.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric applicator placement can be necessary

I have attached a link that might be helpful....

Hi jezlyn. It is common for asymmetric applicator placement to be used during CoolSculpting. This is because the distribution and direction of your fatty tissue is not the same on both sides of your body and the applicators won't hold if they are not applied over the area of maximum pull. The only way to determine placement is to pinch your flank tissue from behind. You also should not have treatments closer than recommended- waiting to see the outcome is the safest. I'm sure your plastic surgeon will follow through to an excellent result. Good luck!

Positioning of CoolSculpting applicator on back

Sometimes, when treating both sides of the body, the location of the fat may not be exactly the same on both sides.  It is possible that the CoolSculpting applicator was placed in a slightly different position on one side versus the other to accommodate any asymmetry.  I would recommend waiting 3-4 months to see the full results of your treatment and if there is any difference between sides, another treatment might be able to be done to help with the issue.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon