Help with sagging stomach and breast. Any suggestions?

I am a 44 yr old woman? I had gastric bypass and lost 128 pounds and have kept it off 8 years. I went from size 24 to 4. I love that I am healthy and normal size now for 5 foot tall but I am so embarassed by my sagging stomach and I have the breast of a 70 year o.d. My insurance will not cover reconstructive surgery, what options do I have. So embarassed.

Mommy makeover Candidate

All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Body make-over after 128 pound weight loss

Thank you for asking about your body make-over.

• Congratulations on your weight loss - a great achievement
  • You will probably need a lower body lift and an extended breast lift with implants.
  • Find a plastic surgeon near you who does bariatric plastic surgeon and see what is involved.
  • Most surgeons offer some form of financing to help our their patients.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Life after weight loss......

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your weight loss. Saggy skin after massive weight loss can be very discouraging. I give a talk at our local bariatric support groups that I call, "Everything they should have told you and never did". The nice thing is that your options for improving the way you look are plentiful. I would meet with a board certified plastic surgeon with post-bariatric body contouring experience. Best of luck!

Dr. Basile

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgery after massive weight loss

Without pictures it's hard to give you any pinpoint recommendations, having said that, you can always have a face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation. Typically with patients like, a belt lipectomy or tummy tuck with muscle repair is the way to go as well as a breast lift with augmentation.

Thank you for your question and good luck!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on the weight loos.  That is a tremendous accomplishment.  Now in regards to your question, based on what you have stated it sounds like you would benefit from a breast lift with augmentation and a tummy tuck procedure.  Without any photos or an in person exam, a true assessment cannot be made.  By scheduling a consultation with  a board certified plastic surgeon you will be able to be fully evaluated, discuss your options, address your goals and then work together to create the surgical plan that wil best help you achieve the look you desire.  During your consultation you should be able to speak with a finanacial adviser and discuss different fiancace options that may be available to you.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Tummy tuck and breast lift candidate

A combination of tummy tuck surgery and breast surgery will help address your concerns.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  

Mommy Makeover After Significant Weight Loss

Thank you for your question about Mommy Makeover. Pictures would be helpful.

Many female weight loss patients would benefit from procedures similar to a Mommy Makeover, including:

• breast lift +/- implants
  • tummy tuck vs. body lift
  • possible arm lift
  • possible thigh lift
  • possible liposuction
These are cosmetic procedures not covered by insurance.

To be sure what may benefit you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Saggy breasts and tummy after extreme weight loss

Hi,
Congratulations on your weight loss goal.
Thankfully, there are good options for women in your shoes. I specialize in rejuvenating breasts and tummies after significant weight loss. Please take a look at what can now be accomplished with current breast lifting techniques. A TT with mesh reinforcement will not only provide long term results, but also help you in maintaining your current weight. Please refer to the link below for more information.

Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Procedures

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. You will be able to select the procedures that you feel would be most helpful to regain your tighter body. The next step is to seek out a surgeon for a consultation and then confirm the procedures that will help you achieve your desired results. Best of luck to you. 

Sagging Stomach & Breasts

Thank you for your question and congratulations on the weight loss! Losing 128 pounds is a great accomplishment. Removing excess skin and tightening muscle tissue can help you appreciate your hard work. There are many ways to approach sagging skin on your breasts and abdomen: You can have individual procedures done or choose to have a mommy makeover, which involves a tummy tuck, liposuction and breast augmentation.

Some women have breast implants done after losing a large amount of weight, but a breast lift is also a great way to approach sagging breasts. Your safety is most important. Make sure you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with ample experience with these procedures. Best of luck! 

Michael Chiaramonte, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon