52 years old Radiesse or voluma. Which filler to add volume for over 50? (photos)

Mid facial volume

First off you're a beautiful 52year old! You've obviously taken care of yourself and your skin and for that- you're already way ahead of the curve so congratulations on that!

As far as which product to use, I would recommend using whatever facial plastic surgeon you trust uses. Results are great and similar with either. We all have different relationships with he products and the product companies quite frankly and that it's like Pepsi or Coke- some people swear for one and against the other... They are different products yes.. But they accomplish the same task. 

I routinely use Radiesse. The reasons why is that it comes in a 1.5cc syringe so my patients are getting more volume which they like (voluma comes in 1.0cc syringe). I also can add different amounts of lidocaine to my Radiesse depending on how thick I want it. Radiesse also stimulates collagen formation and lasts longer. 

Hope this helps!

Dr. Robb

Evans Physician

Radiesse vs Voluma

Hello Tulabula,

Radiesse and Voluma are both great fillers for lifting and contouring. I would have to say that Radiesse has proven to me to last longer, stimulate the collagen production and give the facial lifting and sculpting that most patients are desiring. Consult with your provider to determine which product would be best for you. Best to you, Dr Faraz

Radiesse for collagen, Voluma and Juvederm for contouring

This is a difficult answer as a full 3 D examination is required. I like Radiesse for collagen stimulation - as shown in the video below. In your case, at the age of 52, your volume seems to be excellent. Personally I would use another Juvederm product called Volift, to contour your cheekbones. Remember to stay natural, its the balance between skin texture, tone and volume that gives the best results. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

52 years old Radiesse or voluma. Which filler to add volume for over 50?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants), liposuction and/or facelifts.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  I prefer using Restylane Lyft for non-surgical Cheek Augmentation as it has enough consistency to allow the cheek to be shaped without the lumpiness that Radiesse can have. I have heard of facial abscesses with Voluma and for that reason I don't offer that dermal filler.

Hope this helps.

Volume enhancement

Volumizing fillers are all not created equal.  Radiesse tends to provide great structure of the jawline and cheek, voluma can restore softer volume of the mid to lateral cheek, sculptra can enhance skin quality without weight for the lower face.  In general, patients need treatment with multiple agents for the best results.   For best outcomes, seek out an expert and go by their choice, there is no one size fits all when it comes to faces.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse vs Voluma

Radiesse is my go to product for lifting in faces over 40. I find it is able to support the soft tissues of the face more reliably than Voluma. Your picture shows nice cheek fullness but you may benefit from some lower face contouring to give the face a youthful balance. Radiesse can be used around the jaw line and chin and lasts for about a year.

If you scroll down to my before and after pictures on the link below you can see some examples of peri oral rejuvenation with Radiesse.

Christine Hamori, MD

Radiesse or Voluma injections for over 50

I would agree with Dr. Echavez, that the picture provided does not allow for an accurate assessment of what treatment plan would be most suitable for you. You are best served by meeting with an experienced injector to guide you in the correct direction. I often use a combination of products when treating my patients. No one product is best, the experience and skill of your injector is most important. Best regards Dr. P

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I think you are an excellent candidate for either filler material, but I prefer the safety profile of Voluma for augmentation purposes as it can be dissolved.  Hope this helps.

Either Radiesse® or Voluma® is wonderful for filling/lifting enhancing the cheeks in all age groups. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Radiesse or Voluma for someone over 50?

The picture your provided, though you are smiling, does not appear to show the need for any filler to me.  A picture of face your face at rest, when you are not smiling, would be helpful to give you the best advice.  In general, Radiesse or Voluma could both be used to add volume to the face in someone over 50.  There are a variety of other agents as well, including Sculptra and Bellafill that could help as well.  Radiesse is a bit firmer than Voluma, so I find it works well to augment areas directly over bone, such as over the cheek bones or the chin.  Voluma is softer, so may work better in areas not over bone, such as the mid portion of the cheeks.