52 years old Radiesse or voluma. Which filler to add volume for over 50? (photos)

Radiesse vs Voluma

Radiesse is my go to product for lifting in faces over 40. I find it is able to support the soft tissues of the face more reliably than Voluma. Your picture shows nice cheek fullness but you may benefit from some lower face contouring to give the face a youthful balance. Radiesse can be used around the jaw line and chin and lasts for about a year.

If you scroll down to my before and after pictures on the link below you can see some examples of peri oral rejuvenation with Radiesse.

Radiesse or Voluma injections for over 50

I would agree with Dr. Echavez, that the picture provided does not allow for an accurate assessment of what treatment plan would be most suitable for you. You are best served by meeting with an experienced injector to guide you in the correct direction. I often use a combination of products when treating my patients. No one product is best, the experience and skill of your injector is most important. Best regards Dr. P

52 years old Radiesse or voluma. Which filler to add volume for over 50?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I think you are an excellent candidate for either filler material, but I prefer the safety profile of Voluma for augmentation purposes as it can be dissolved.  Hope this helps.

Either Radiesse® or Voluma® is wonderful for filling/lifting enhancing the cheeks in all age groups. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Radiesse or Voluma for someone over 50?

The picture your provided, though you are smiling, does not appear to show the need for any filler to me.  A picture of face your face at rest, when you are not smiling, would be helpful to give you the best advice.  In general, Radiesse or Voluma could both be used to add volume to the face in someone over 50.  There are a variety of other agents as well, including Sculptra and Bellafill that could help as well.  Radiesse is a bit firmer than Voluma, so I find it works well to augment areas directly over bone, such as over the cheek bones or the chin.  Voluma is softer, so may work better in areas not over bone, such as the mid portion of the cheeks.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Vs. Voluma--Facial Rejuvenation--Voluma W/Sculptra--See an Expert

I find that Radiesse plus often works better than Voluma long term especially in combination with Sculptra. I suggest seeing someone with experience in combination fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.