Is it normal to have soreness at 3 months post op Breast Augmentation?

I am 3months post op starting with 34A an now a D an my left implant feels weird like its has to much room to move around an when i lay flat feels like its just implant my right feels more like my own breast like it has more support? ???? And it has more saline in it it was my smalker breast could the pocket in my left be to big will it heal itself

At 3 months usually discomfort from breast augmentation has already subsided. You should see your plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Soreness or pain 3 months after breast augmentation is unusual.  In most patients had 3 months any soreness associated with the implant under normal circumstances has been resolved.

Based on your history it sounds as though your breast implant pocket may be too large and extend too far to the side.  If this is the case then a revision may be indicated.

Please consult with your board certified plastic surgeon for an examination, diagnosis and treatment options.  Do not rely on the Internet advice. For more information on breast implant revision please read the following link:

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Based on your description, it sounds like you may be dealing with a breast implant displacement/malposition problem. Sometimes, this may be associated with discomfort (depending on where the breast implant is displacing to).  If this is indeed the case, you may benefit from revisionary breast surgery;  capsulorraphy surgery refers to the adjustment of the breast implant capsules to help prevent the breast implants from moving too far in a given direction. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Sore 3 months post op

This is not unusual even at three monthsd.I would give it some more time.One side may hurt more be more sensitive,be more bruised etc.Remember to always follow up with your surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Soreness three months after breast augmentation

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation. It's not uncommon to report a little discomfort or strange sensations at this stage of your post operative recovery. It can take up to 12 months for the breast implants to really settle and feel like they are a normal part of you. As you begin to use full extent of your mobility and muscles you may feel different sensations. If you have concerns it's best to arrange a review with your surgeon.

Thanks for your question. 

I tell my patients it can take up to 6 month for all sensation to return to normal. I recommend you also to go se your surgeon for an opinion in person . 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

With all your presented issues and no posted photos best to see your surgeon or seek second opinions in person ( fees might apply for second opinions from $100 to $250) ...

Soreness and big pocket at three months?

It is not uncommon for a patient to have some residual soreness or discomfort in one or both breasts, three months after surgery. I tell patients it can take up to a year for all sensation in the breast region to return to normal. However regarding your comment about the way the breast feels when you lie down, it is certainly possible that you have a larger pocket on that side compared to the other side and that the implant is more mobile than ideal. If that is the case, it will not heal itself and is difficult to fix.

Brent Birely, MD

3 months

Many patients still have periods of discomfort at three months, usually with decreasing intensity and frequency. 

Without photos it is difficult to understand the issue of implant mobility. Even with photos, chances are the advice will be to see your surgeon for an in person exam.

All the best. 

Soreness after 3 months

Breast soreness after augmentation present at 3 months can be within the normal range of post op pain and can be seen even up to a year in some patients. I have had patients complain that even years out they experience pain not related to menstrual status or exercise. But for the most part the soreness is usually resolving at the end of three months. Call your PS office to confirm my opinions to ease your concerns  Best of Luck 

David Liland, MD