Is this ripped stitches or an infection? (Photo)

just peeled the tape off of my incision area where the stitches are still healing. I am a week post op. I saw that part of my stitches had ripped and come open. I am really concerned. Is this an infection?

Is this ripped stitches or an infection?

From the photo alone it appears to be a superficial wound however, without an in person examination it is difficult to say. Follow up with your surgeon for wound care management. 

Is this ripped stitches after breast augmentation or an infection?

Your wound has opened up. You need to see your sureon for debridement of dead tissue and wet to dry saline dressings for wound care. You should be ok if proper wound care is initiated. See your plastic surgeion.

Thank you for your question and photograph.  It appears that you have suffered a partial incision separation.  Though there is no clear evidence of infection I would let your surgeon know so that they can offer wound care recommendations.  Ultimately your body will need to heal this from the inside-out and at least initially apply an ointment to the wound followed by a clean gauze to avoid soiling your clothing.  Hope this helps.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Infection or opened woumd

From looking at your photos you have some separation and probably from spitting a suture.Keep it clean and put some antibacterial; ointment on it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Is this ripped stitches or an infection? = ask your plastic surgeon about your concern #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

Patients with questions and concern about their plastic surgery procedure like breast augmentation, should contact the plastic surgeon that performed the procedure to determine the best next step for management to wards a safe recovery.

John Mesa MD
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)
RealSelf Top 100 Plastic Surgeon

John Mesa, MD