Once I get insurance to cover a breast reduction with one surgeon, can I go to another without going through the whole process?

So I had a consultation with a surgeon for a breast reduction, and she sent out the paperwork to my insurance. Just got the call this morning that they approved me! The only problem is, that I am not sure that I want this surgeon to do my reduction. She is not board certified, and didn't have any photos to show me. Is that a red flag? So, I am wondering if, now that I am approved, can i go to any doctor that takes my insurance, without going through the whole approval process again?

Insurance coverage for breast reduction can it be transferred to another surgeon?

The answer is yes, the surgeon you pick to perform the surgery may have to contact the insurance company but this would not be an issue. If she is not board certified and doesn't show you numerous examples of before and after pictures of her patients I would go to a more experienced surgeon.

Always insist on a board certified surgeon.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a breast reduction. 

Breast reduction

You always want to be confident in your surgeon.  I would suggest speaking with her about your concerns.  As far as the insurance question, that can only be answered by your insurance company.  It is a good sign that if they have approved you once that they will likely do it again, but the process is determined by the individual insurance company.

Camille Cash, MD