How would you fix my asymmetrical nipples? (Photo)

I am 4 months post BA. I have been unhappy with my nipple asymmetry since the beginning. I was hoping it would correct itself as they dropped but that has not happened. A lift was discussed prior to surgery but was not recommended. Now my surgeon suggests a crescent lift to address the asymmetry. I was onboard until I read all the awful things here on Real Self about crescent lifts. What other options do I have?

Asymmetric nipples

reflect your implant malposition as well.  And if there is a marked difference in size, you could benefit from either a larger implant or some fat grafting to help fill in the deficient areas but realize that your breasts will continue to evolve over time and other issues may arise.  Unless your nipples were perfectly level before surgery, you cannot expect them to be level after surgery.  As for leveling them, get the implant issue resolved first and then decide if your asymmetry is that off before having a lift on the lower nipple... the only option you have is the Benelli lift and I am not a fan but your elevation is minimal so it should be tolerated well.

Breast Lift is Not the Answer

Your asymmetric nipple position is due at least in part to asymmetric implant position. A crescent lift is not a good idea in anybody for any reason.  Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Nipple Asymmetry

Your problem may be solved fairly easily.  One would have to look at your before photos to see if this is a preexisting condition.  If not, the left implant needs to be lowered in the pocket which will raise the nipple.  The main issue is the high riding position of the left implant.  Good luck.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Everyone has asymmetry

Every person in the world has asymmetric nipples if the measurements are done correctly. It appears one of your implants has not completely settled. Once it does, that nipple should look more normal.

Assymetric nipples or breasts?

It looks to me from your photo that your breast "footprint" is different from one side to the other. If you take a straight line from the bottom most part of your inframammary fold on the right, it looks like it is a centimeter or 2 lower than on the left. This shifts your entire implant higher on that side. I think that if the fold on the left was lowered just a bit, your implant might fall a little lower allowing your nipple to sit more centered on the left breast. Scars would be on the inframammary fold as opposed to around your areola. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

How would you fix my asymmetrical nipples?

Just remember that no two breasts ever look the same or heal at the same rate. A peri-areolar lift will help improve the symmetry but the nipples will never be exactly symmetrical. Good luck!

Crescent lift for asymmetrical nipples

A left unilateral lift is an option to help give you more symmetry. In my opinion, a crescent lift will not provide enough lift to the left nipple. Instead, a periareolar lift will lift your NAC higher, and will likely last longer. I would recommend speaking to your surgeon again about this type of lift. Best of luck!