White Area Normal? (photo)

Right side formed a small hematoma and now area underneath and turned white overnight is this something to worry about?? Everything was ok first few days except saw small hematoma which he said would go away now since this morning and small white area has formed which I thought was toilet paper but after sending my doc a pic he seemed concerned. What is going on?

Labiaplasty

Be sure to see your surgeon for a post operative follow up examination.  Once the examination is done he/she will be able to say what is happening.  You will be fine as long as you and surgeon stay on top of it

White area after labiaplasty

Thank you for asking about your labiaplasty.

I understand your concern and definitely please see your plastic surgeon since he is concerned. Only after he has examined you, will you and he know what has happened. The white area appearas to be a fragment of gauze or a similar product that has stuck to the healing tissue.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

See your surgeon

There is no good way to tell what is going on for certain from an image alone. See your surgeon and don't take any chances.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon if there is a question of wound separation

Definitely see your surgeon. Don't pick it off yourself, and withhold judgement until you've been evaluated by your surgeon. Other docs here have opined about what it is. See your surgeon...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

White Area Normal?

Thank you for your picture and questions. Sorry to hear about your troubles. It appears from the picture that there is a small piece of something that has become stuck to this incision. This could be because there is a small open area there which is taking some time to heal. I would encourage you to be seen by your surgeon for an in-person exam and evaluation.

White area normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I see your area of concern and it appears most consistent with an adhered piece of gauze, toilet paper, or string.  I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation as it appears that the underlying incision has suffered a small separation and you would not want to risk causing further damage by removing the foreign body yourself.  Hope this helps.

White Area Normal?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after labia minora reduction surgery. It seems, based on the photograph, but there has been a separation of one of the incision lines.  The white area is consistent with either toilet paper or fragment of gauze or suture?  Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to assess and advise you accurately. Best wishes.

The white stuff looks like a foreign body stuck to your wedge labiaplasty scar

It's hard to tell for sure from a photo, but it looks like a bit of cotton or gauze is stuck to your scar. Go see your surgeon, but don't try to remove it yourself or you might disrupt the scar. It also looks like the scar has separated slightly.