Vaginal Rejuvenation Aftercare: How Should One Prepare?

Are there any specific post-op tips one should know about? What does one need to do to ensure the results from their treatment last?

Vaginoplasty recovery

Vaginoplasty can be an excellent procedure and you will have to abstain from intimacy for several weeks at the least.  Your surgeon can provide you with specific recovery tools based on the procedures he will perform.

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Aftercare for vaginal tightening, vaginoplasty, vaginal rejuvenation

Hello Eva,

Aftercare for a vaginal tightening operation is crutial and not what I'd describe as "simple."  Hoping that you have your surgery only with a doc who specializes in this tyoe of surgery for tightening and enhancement of sexual function, recovery is this:

1. Adhering to a recovery protocol specifically outlined (and written down) by your doc: lots of rest for 1-2 weeks, slowly resuming activities next 2 weeks, back to swimming, gym, lifting bike riding ~ 4 weeks, and back to full-on sex in ~ 6-8 weeks.  Of course that is in general-- each person's recovery must be individualized.

But it does not end there!! In my surgery I will diminish the size of the vaginal barrel, elevate the perineal body, and re-approximate the levator ("tightening") muscles for greater G-spot and clitoral pressure, but all repairs will break down over time if pelvic floor exercises are not done.  Do not have surgery from a doc who does not make arrangements and help you with a 6-12 month post operative course of pelvic floor physical therapy to "secure" your results for the long-term.

Best of luck to you!

Michael P Goodman MD

Vaginal tightening aftercare, how should I prepare?

Aftercare is relatively simple. You can expect some spotty bleeding for a day or two. I tell my patients to restrain from using tampons or have sexual intercourse for 6 weeks. No strenuous activity or exercise for the same time.

#Vaginaplasty and post operative care

Post-Operative Healing
Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. . It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4=6 months.
Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks. This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals.
Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help. Direct massage may be useful

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity. It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.
Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.

#VaginalTightneningAftercare

My patients tend to walk comfortably within a few days and return to work within a week.
Patients return to most activities of daily living immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that require lifting weight or will create direct pressure on the area, such as bike riding, certain exercise equipment and sexual activity. It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity for approximately 4-6 weeks. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.

Vaginal Tightening Aftercare, Vaginoplasty, Vaginal Rejuvenation

Healing from a typical vaginoplasty, in my hands, takes 6 weeks, some people take a little bit longer. A typical vaginoplasty is a world away from vaginoplasty done along with pelvic reconstructive procedures. With those procedures, the time until you can resume sex may take up to 12 weeks. Since your surgeon is most familiar with the work that was done, that would be your best source of information. If you haven't had the procedure yet, then learn more about vaginal tightening by following the link below:

Aftercare for vagnal tightening

Rest, no heavy lifting, nothing in the vagina, take your prescribed medications, avoid constipation, be well

hydrated, follow up with your doctor. . follow  your dr's instructions, , delay intercourse for  at least 6 to 8 weeks

Ayman Shahine, MD
New York OB/GYN