What Will The Vaginal Rejuvenation Incisions and Scars Look like?

Are they going to be noticable? What can be done to reduce their appearance?

Scarring after vaginal rejuvenation

This is a great question and one that all of my vaginal rejuvenation patients ask me. When performed by an expert board certified plastic surgeon, your scars should be nearly invisible once they heal completely. I am very precise and meticulous with my suturing to reduce the visibility of any resulting scar after surgery. Your surgeon should have pictures of previous patients' scars to show you during your consultation, so just be sure to ask. 

Vaginal Incisions and Scars

The lining of the vagina can be reduced, removing excess and redundant mucosa decreasing the diameter of the canal. The muscle ring, pubococcygeus, at the entrance or introitus can be tightened.  These procedures along with exercises such as Kegles can help keep the muscle tone in this area.  Aesthetic Vaginoplasty, in many cases, can increase friction during intercourse, giving women more control of vaginal muscles, increasing sexual satisfaction, while also creating a more attractive and appealing appearance to the vaginal area.The specific risks and suitability of these procedures for each individual can be determined only at the time of consultation.  All surgical procedures have some degree of risk.  Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally.  Major complications are rare. These can include infection, bleeding, (hematoma) , separation of the incision, changes in sensation , pain, increased sensitivity, unsatisfactory cosmetic results.  Any concerns of infection, new pain, swelling, bleeding , drainage should immediately be address by the doctor. There are many methods to help treat these incisions and scars, and reduce surgical risks, personally after having completed your procedure. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and they way in which your body heals.

Vaginal rejuvenation leaves a vertical scar in the center of the perineum

You'll have a vertical scar running from the bottom of the vaginal opening downward. It will heal and fade like an episiotomy scar. You can see what fresh scars look like right after surgery on the link below and you can see the surgery on the video link:

Vaginal Scars?

Good Morning,

Rest assured unsightly scaring following a vaginal rejuvenation procedure would be very unlikely. The tissues of the vagina and perineum heal very well and in the absence of any surgical complication rarely leave unsightly or problematic scars.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician