When Should Someone Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation?

Are there any signs that signify a need for vaginal rejuvenation? 

Considering Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thank you for the question. Someone "needing" vaginal rejuvenation or any other elective procedure will always come down to overall function and quality of life. You may have the exact same findings regarding the vagina/vulva and experiencing absolutely no problem whatsoever while the other person's quality of life may be very negatively affected. Thus if your sex life, body image, relationships and function are negatively affected then an in person consultation will give you the information you need to proceed to make positive changes. There are many wonderful surgical and non-surgical options available to you.

Greenville Physician

Candidate for Vaginal Rejuvenation

There are a variety of reasons and symptoms a woman may want to undergo vaginal rejuvenation. I usually tell my patients, once they have started thinking about a vaginal rejuvenation because they are bothered by laxity, etc., now is the time to have a consultation for surgery. At a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon you can explain what issues are bothering you and he/she can tell you exactly which surgical techniques will help correct those issues. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Vaginal rejuvenation is a want, not a need

Vaginal rejuvenation is all about vaginal tightening. If you feel that you want your vagina tighter, then you should consider consulting with an expert in this procedure. There are surgical and nonsurgical options.

Need for Vaginal Rejuvenation

Vaginal rejuvenation covers a broad spectrum of conditions. Women with vaginal laxity, mild to moderate urinary incontinence, decreased sexual sensation and cosmetic vulvar appearances. There are many methods available for vaginal rejuvenation which includes surgery, lasers and a radiofrequency machine(ThermiVA). I have been using ThermiVa in my practice with excellent results overall. Patients love that is is noninvasive, no pain and get improved results immediately.

Haydee Docasar, MD
Henderson OB/GYN