Vaginal Looseness and Sagging, is ThermiVa The Solution?

Will ThermiVa help with vaginal looseness and sagging?

In a word, NO, it is not the solution. ThermiVA is a radio frequency based device that works through direct bulk heating. ThermiVa has been supported by claims that it increases lubrication and improves vaginal function. In that ThermiVa is not FDA approved for intra-vaginal use, and that these claims are not supported by any valid, peer reviewed studies that I can find, it is unlikely that ThermiVa will help with any vaginal issues in a lasting way.. This technology is not able to raise tissue temperatures sufficiently to promote new collagen growth (Neocollagenesis), which is necessary for any lasting results. It has been shown that Neocollagenesis occurs ONLY when the tissues are heated to 60-70C. ThermiVa absolutely does not heat tissues to 60-70C, but only achieves perhaps 45-55 degrees Celsius. By heating the vaginal lining tissues, ThermiVa causes swelling, or edema. There is no scientific basis that supports the notion of ThermiVa producing long lasting results Fractional laser devices, such as Femi Lift by Alma lasers, actually have been shown through rigorous scientific study, to promote Neocollagenesis by heating the vaginal lining tissues to 60-70 degrees Celsius. Furthermore, Femi Lift also causes fractional ablation of the vaginal lining, resulting in regrowth of a thicker and more youthful vaginal lining. In my practice we have treated dozens of patients with Femi Lift and I have nor seen a single treatment failure. Furthermore, most, if not all of my stress urinary incontinence patients (mild to moderate severity) have completely resolved their SUI.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Looseness and Sagging

The answer to your question really depends on your clinical exam. The important part of the exam is to determine if there is any sagging or loss of support of the pelvic organs (ie., bladder, uterus, rectum). If there is a mild degree of loss of support or vaginal looseness, than ThermiVa has been shown to help offer relief and provide vaginal tightening. I certainly have patients who suffer from a significant degree of vaginal looseness who I believe would be better candidates for surgical correction (vaginoplasty). Your physical exam will be key. Best wishes.

ThermiVa Will Tighten

ThermiVa is beneficial in patients with mild vaginal loosening and sagging however a physical exam can help determine if labialplasty/vaginoplasty surgery would be a better option to treat patient concerns.

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Does it work? YES

If you suffer from mild to moderate stress incontinence, vaginal dryness, loss of internal sensitivity and loss of labial tone/youthfulness then ThermiVA, an innovative radiofrequency energy applicator, may be right for you.  Patients with severe grades of stress incontinence and prolapse are not good candidates for this procedure.  A thorough exam is required to select those who will benefit. The results of our treatment series have been uniformly good to excellent.  Both external and internal improvement has been rated as good to excellent subjectively by our patients.  For a no down time, comfortable, non-surgical treatment option this is a reliable option.

ThermiVa and Vaginal Looseness or Sagging

ThermiVa may be right for vaginal sagging or looseness depending on the degree of the issue.  In most cases ThermiVa could provide enough tightening for patients to be very happy with the results.  There are certain cases when surgical tightening is necessary, but this runs the risk of nerve damage and damage to the blood supply in the area which may contribute to sexual problems that the patient is seeking to correct.  The best advice is to see an OB/Gyn with experience in reconstructive surgery who also performs ThermiVa to see which type of tightening would be best for you.  Good Luck!!

Is ThermiVa Right

The answer is that it depends on your particular case. Although many of my patients have seen great results from ThermiVa, it all depends on what their body needed versus someone else.

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal rejuvenation

ThermiVa is a relatively new non-surgical treatment for vaginal rejuvenation. However, I strongly prefer and recommend surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures for my patients. I believe that surgical vaginal rejuvenation does a better job at correcting vaginal looseness and sagging than ThermiVa. As a surgeon, I am able to meticulously tighten the tissue and create a beautiful aesthetic and improve (or maintain) the functionality.  You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in vaginal rejuvenation procedures to learn what treatment is truly best for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

ThermiVA for Vaginal Looseness

Yes. The most common condition that ThermiVa treats effectively is vaginal loosness and sagging. Theraputic heat is gently delivered to both internal and external vaginal tissues, resulting in new collagen growth and overall skin tightening. Before and after pictures reveal the improvement in the appearance.

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician

ThermiVa FDA Approved for Vaginal Tightening

ThermiVA is FDA approved for vaginal rejuvenation, which has been explained to us through extensive training and continuing education with ThermiRF. It is ideal for tightening of the vagina internallly and externally. ThermiVa is a no down time solution for loosness and sagging that so many women suffer from and complain about to their closest family members and friends. There is little to no discomfort to the patient and you can resume all normal activity the day of.  Three to four treatments a month apart is recommended for best results.  Our patients have been very satisfied, and we have seen subtle and drastic results.  

W. John Bull, MD

ThermiVa Rejuvenates Vagina, Vulva and Labia

Finally, there is a painless solution to help rejuvenate a delicate area. ThermiVa is working great to help with lax skin, vaginal tightening, lubrication, incontinence, and even can help rejuvenate the delicate outer folds and vulva to restore a more youthful female anatomy. Women have been waiting for a noninvasive treatment that can do all of this, and now we have a great solution which has no downtime and is painless, in 1 - 3 sessions we can really turn back the clock. 

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon