What type of rhinoplasty procedure would be best for me? (photos)

I want to get a rhinoplasty and was hoping I could be steered in the right direction as to which rhinoplasty procedure would be best for my facial structure. I don't want to change the appearance of my nose too much, just make it more proportionate to my face. I would like to the focus to be more on my eyes and lips than my Italian nose.

Rhinoplasty options

It's hard to say what is best for your without a more in depth examination and further discussion with you regarding your concerns. 

It would also be helpful to see a profile angle to get a better sense of your profile line.

Based on your frontal photo I can see that your nasal bones are a bit wide so that area could be narrowed.

You can read more about rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Best Rhinoplasty Procedure for Me

The best rhinoplasty for you is one done by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Removing your hump,  refining your tip, and narrowing your entire nose including the bridge using a closed technique will feminize your nose so it does not distract from your surrounding fine facial features.

Rhinoplasty to help refine nose

Hello, you can have requested changes that will decrease the prominence of your nose and provide a more feminine appearance. I often use computer imaging to help my patients understand what they may look like if certain changes were made. Bring in pictures at the time of your consultation of noses that you like and do not like so that your surgeon can better understand your vision and discuss treatment options. Hope this helps. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Which rhinoplasty technique is best

It's best to choose the right doctor, then decide on the procedure.  Doctors all have their own style, ability and experience, and it can be a bit of a search to parse out the right doctor for you.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos and I would go on complimentary consultations with experts in the area who will take your photo digitally then alter it to show you what is and what is not possible with your nose.  Then compare techniques, look at photos, compare fees and find the surgeon for you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Planning for rhinoplasty

Hi there, thank you for your photos and questions. I agree with you that a major change is not needed for your rhinoplasty, instead refining the nasal tip and narrowing the bridge subtly is probably the best change for you. You have beautiful eyes and lips, so making the smaller will help bring these features out. I recommend you seek a consultations with a rhinoplasty doctors and do simulations of the results you are looking for.

Hope this helps! Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

What type of rhinoplasty procedure would be best for me?

If the appearance of your nose concerns you, it can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon(otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish all the changes you wish to make to the nose by placing all of the incisions on the inside of the nose. An open rhinoplasty with external incisions is not necessary. The projection of the nose can be reduced, the slight dorsal hump shaved down, the overall nose made smaller, the nasal tip cartilages refined, and the bridge line narrowed with osteotomies. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure. Digital computer imaging  would be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure. For more information about rhinoplasty and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty to narrow your bridge slightly with osteotomies, and narrow the tip as well slightly, with a very conservative dorsal reduction would be nice.  All these maneuvers are well described and should give you a nice result.