How far until TT/ breast aug/lipo. (photos)

I have not had weight loss surgery. I weigh 219, and am 5'8". I have lost 122 lbs so far. I had a high of 341 lb. I was size 24/26 now size 16. I have been at this weight for a year. I feel like I now diet/ exercise/ etc and nothing changes. At this point the more I lose the worse my stomach looks. I hope to be at 210 before surgery. I know recommended is under a 30 BMI, but I am tired of waiting and feel like I can't move or use my body the way I want with all this extra skin/ fat.

Mommy makeover and weight lose

It is always best to be at your ideal weight before considering surgery however some patients can't ever get there because of a plateau.  Speak to a board certified PS who can go over your medical history and who will examine you.  Understand that you may have increased risks for complications and your results will be different because of your massive weight loss meaning your skin quality is not as good as the normal patient and you may need revision surgery if you continue to lose more weight.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

How far until TT/ breast aug/lipo

Congratulations on your weight loss. That's an incredible accomplishment.
A tummy tuck procedure is safer when your BMI is less than 30. My recommendation would be to reach a weight that you are happy with. If you're happy at your current weight, then it's possible to move forward with a tummy tuck procedure, but it's important to understand the limitations of the procedure when your BMI is above 30. There is also an increased risk of complications.  
It's also important to understand that if you do move forward with the procedure, and then lose weight in the future, you may develop more excess skin and desire a revision.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Healthy BMI

If you can get your weight as low as possible the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. You would need to be down to a healthy weight and BMI before having a cosmetic procedure to insure a safe outcome. Also, being at a stable weight is key to ensure you don't gain weight back after surgery. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Fancisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

How far until TT/ breast aug/lipo.

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction as long as you keep up with your diet and exercise. Your result would be even better if you continue this routine after surgery. For your breast it would be best to do a breast reduction lift. I hope I helped answer some of your questions and best of luck to you!

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

It is always best to have a BMI below 30 before considering a procedure. It will also help you more to be on a healthy diet before to make your post op process less challenging. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Multiple Procedures - Be at Ideal Weight

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. Considering the fact that it is good to be at your ideal weight prior to these procedures, then you would want to consult your surgeon with all of these questions together prior to scheduling.

Additional weight loss is recommended.

I am sure you are anxious to get your body contouring done and you have done a great job in losing 122 lb.  The reason surgeons want patients as close to their idea weight as possible are several.  First, your surgery is safer for you if your BMI is under 30.  Complication rates go up the higher your BMI is. Second, the results are better if your weight is lower and BMI under 30. Since this is an elective procedure, you should hope for the best result from each procedure to minimize the number of surgerys you may need.  See if your primary care doctor can recommend a weight loss specialist who could help you move past your present plateau.  Once you are under 30 for your BMI, speak with your plastic surgeon.