ThermiVa: How Many Treatments Will I Need?

Does ThermiVa require multiple treatments?

Number of Treatments Needed for ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question. Generally, three treatments are recommended as a starter package for ThermiVa. The treatments will be conducted 4-6 weeks apart. Many patients say that they do notice results as early as after the very first treatment, however the final result usually takes three treatments to achieve. After the initial three treatments, many patients will decided to do a “maintenance” treatment every 6 months to a year, at their discretion.

Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

How many ThermiVA treatments?

As many as you need is the short answer.... It depends on the severity of your symptoms and your degree of improvement. One may be enough, or you may need more. However, the pilot ThermiVA study done with 3 treatments showed that multiple stacked treatments showed exponentially  improved results for all endpoints of the study. That is the reason 3 treatments are now recommended .  After treating patients for more than a year now, I see that a 4th treatment may  be needed between 9-15 months. The nice thing is that since there is no down time and is non-surgical , many of my patients are happy to come in to get the treatment. 

How many ThermiVA treatments?

ThermiVa Requires Several Sessions

Hi, and thanks for your question. ThermiVa works very well and results last about one year. For the best outcome, we recommend having three treatments, one month apart for each. The treatments are very easy. We have never had a patient experience any pain at all. It just feels warm. After the year is up, we recommend having 1 - 2 treatments per year in order to maintain results. We have been pleasantly surprised by how consistently women love this treatment and how frequently they refer their friends. Hope that helps.

ThermiVa Requires Several Sessions

Number of treatments for THERMIva

On average, a series of 3 treatments is most commonly performed, these are done at one month intervals. Depending on the severity of a woman’s symptoms, more treatments may need to be done or touch up maintenance treatments every other year or so is symptoms return.  

Number of treatments for THERMIva

Three treatments 4-6 weeks apart work well although we have an occasional patient who desires to have an additional treatment. A maintenance treatment (One Session Only) is recommended annually.

All The Best !

All The Best !

How Many ThermiVa Treatments

Every one is different and will respond in varying ways to ThermiVa treatments. However, standard protocol is 3 treatments, 4-6 weeks apart. Depending on the results you want and how your body responds the treatments, you can expect to have a "touch-up" treatment about a year after you complete your first three. Some people need a "touch-up" a little before a year and some people go much longer than a year. It just depends on your body and your expectations. 

How Many ThermiVa Treatments

ThermiVa Treatment Numbers

Yes.  The number will vary but most are treating patients with 3 treatments sessions, one month apart.  It has been recommended that patient’s results may benefit by a single touch-up session once a year if needed.  

ThermiVa Treatment Numbers

ThermiVa and Treatment Time

Patients can notice feeling tighter immediately after the treatments but these results improve with time.  They may notice that it takes longer to notice increased moisture which typically starts around the 2 week mark.  If urinary leakage is the main issue it can take the full treatment series (3 treatments spread a month apart) before full benefit is appreciated.

ThermiVa treatment results vary depending on the area of concern being treated.  External issues typically require one repeat treatment every 4-6 months after completion of the three treatment series.

Internal issues treated with ThermiVa can notice results for 6-12 months before needing a maintenance treatment.

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa and Treatment Time

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

How Many Treatments Do I Need?

We recommend a series of 3 treatments once a month as well as maintenance treatments in about 8 to 12 months to achieve the maximum effect, both short and long term. As with most non-invasive procedures, results are not permanent and additional treatments are important to maintain consistent and satisfactory results.

How Many Treatments Do I Need?

ThermiVa Treatments

Hi and thank you for your question!

We recommend our patients do a package of 3 treatments, one treatment every 4-6 weeks. Patients with more mild concerns, may be happy after one or two treatments and can save the others as maintenance treatments. Most patients prefer to do the 3 to maximize the results and do maintenance treatments once or twice a year.

Feel free to call our office for a complementary consultation.

Dr. Grant Stevens

ThermiVa Treatments

Hi and thank you for your question!

Dr. Grant Stevens