ThermiVa: How Many Treatments Will I Need?

Does ThermiVa require multiple treatments?

Number of Treatments Needed for ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question. Generally, three treatments are recommended as a starter package for ThermiVa. The treatments will be conducted 4-6 weeks apart. Many patients say that they do notice results as early as after the very first treatment, however the final result usually takes three treatments to achieve. After the initial three treatments, many patients will decided to do a “maintenance” treatment every 6 months to a year, at their discretion.

Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

ThermiVa Requires Several Sessions

Hi, and thanks for your question. ThermiVa works very well and results last about one year. For the best outcome, we recommend having three treatments, one month apart for each. The treatments are very easy. We have never had a patient experience any pain at all. It just feels warm. After the year is up, we recommend having 1 - 2 treatments per year in order to maintain results. We have been pleasantly surprised by how consistently women love this treatment and how frequently they refer their friends. Hope that helps.

ThermiVa Treatment Numbers

Yes.  The number will vary but most are treating patients with 3 treatments sessions, one month apart.  It has been recommended that patient’s results may benefit by a single touch-up session once a year if needed.  

ThermiVa and Treatment Time

Patients can notice feeling tighter immediately after the treatments but these results improve with time.  They may notice that it takes longer to notice increased moisture which typically starts around the 2 week mark.  If urinary leakage is the main issue it can take the full treatment series (3 treatments spread a month apart) before full benefit is appreciated.

ThermiVa treatment results vary depending on the area of concern being treated.  External issues typically require one repeat treatment every 4-6 months after completion of the three treatment series.

Internal issues treated with ThermiVa can notice results for 6-12 months before needing a maintenance treatment.

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

How many ThermiVA treatments?

As many as you need is the short answer.... It depends on the severity of your symptoms and your degree of improvement. One may be enough, or you may need more. However, the pilot ThermiVA study done with 3 treatments showed that multiple stacked treatments showed exponentially  improved results for all endpoints of the study. That is the reason 3 treatments are now recommended .  After treating patients for more than a year now, I see that a 4th treatment may  be needed between 9-15 months. The nice thing is that since there is no down time and is non-surgical , many of my patients are happy to come in to get the treatment. 

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS

How Many Treatments Do I Need?

We recommend a series of 3 treatments once a month as well as maintenance treatments in about 8 to 12 months to achieve the maximum effect, both short and long term. As with most non-invasive procedures, results are not permanent and additional treatments are important to maintain consistent and satisfactory results.

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician

ThermiVa Treatments

Hi and thank you for your question!

We recommend our patients do a package of 3 treatments, one treatment every 4-6 weeks. Patients with more mild concerns, may be happy after one or two treatments and can save the others as maintenance treatments. Most patients prefer to do the 3 to maximize the results and do maintenance treatments once or twice a year.

Feel free to call our office for a complementary consultation.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Three treatments is recommended

While many of our patients note improvement after the very first treatment, we recommend a series of three treatments one month apart for the best effect with the longest durability of the effect.  

The treatment effect lasts between 9-18 months, so we recommend a single followup treatment annually to maintain the effect.  Followup treatments are offered at a reduced price from the initial series, as we want our patients to be able maintain the great effects that Thermiva creates.

ThermiVa : number of treatments

#Thermiva for vagina and #labiaplasty

Three treatments are needed.
Themiva has been demonstrated to improve vaginal dryness, improve vaginal circulation and heighten orgasm.
It tightens the vaginal canal and can reduce the outer Labia.
There is no down time, no pain or discomfort.

ThermiVA is a radio frequency based device. This technology is not able to raise tissue temperatures sufficiently to promote new collagen growth (Neocollagenesis), which is necessary for any lasting results. It has been shown that Neocollagenesis occurs ONLY when the tissues are heated to 60-70C. ThermiVa absolutely does not heat tissues to 60-70C, but only achieves perhaps 45-50 degrees Celsius. By heating the vaginal lining tissues, ThermiVa causes swelling, or edema. There is no scientific basis that supports the notion of ThermiVa producing long lasting results Fractional laser devices, such as Femi Lift by Alma lasers, actually have been shown through rigorous scientific study, to promote Neocollagenesis by heating the vaginal lining tissues to 60-70 degrees Celsius. Furthermore, Femi Lift also causes fractional ablation of the vaginal lining, resulting in regrowth of a thicker and more youthful vaginal lining. In my practice we have treated dozens of patients with Femi Lift and I have nor seen a single treatment failure. Furthermore, most, if not all of my stress urinary incontinence patients (mild to moderate severity) have completely resolved their SUI.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon