ThermiVa: When Do You See The Results?

When can I expect to see results after my ThermiVa treatments?

ThermiVA Results

Some patients notice a difference even immediately following a treatment. The maximum effectiveness will be noticed a month or two after a series of 3 procedures are completed. Maintenance treatments are recommended at about 8-12 months.

Worcester Physician

ThermiVa Results

Hi and thank you for your question!
Our patients have noted improvements in tightening (internal and external), incontinence, sensation, and lubrication after one treatment. Most of these results being noted immediately or within days after the 1st treatment. We recommend 3 treatments, one month apart, to assure the longevity and completion of these effects.
Feel free to call our office for questions.
Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Immediate results with ThermiVa

We have had the opportunity to see patients have an improvement even after their first treatment. Some have described initial tightening as well as a "waking up" sensation of the sensitive areas in the vulvo-vaginal region even doing the treatment.  We do recommend a series of 3 treatment to help maximize outcome.  Internal and external rejuvenation continues to improve over the 3 months, very similar to the results we see when using our ThermiTight and ThermiSmooth treatments.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVA results

Results form ThermiVA treatment can be appreciated almost immediately after treatment, both cosmetic and in tightening of the tissues.

The best results with ThermiVA are seen with 3 consecutive treatments (each 1 month apart) and 1 maintenance treatment annually thereafter.  The consecutive treatment builds upon one another and ultimately tightens internal vaginal mucosa and external genitalia for up to one year.

Great improvement in external and internal tissue tightness, vaginal moisture and even mild urinary incontinence can be seen after just one treatment, with most durable results after 3 recommended treatments. 

My Best suggestion is to seek a consultation with a reputable provider and discuss your unique case so that recommendations can be made and expectations can be set.

When will you see ThermiVA results

Thanks for your question -

ThermiVA results can be seen almost immediately even after the first treatment.  The extent of tightening varies from person to person and usually reaches maximum result after three sessions.

This is a comfortable, non-invasive effective treatment for vaginal rejuvenation.

I hope this helps!

Results for ThermiVA

It depends on what you are using ThermiVA to treat. I see immediate results for improvement of  labia major laxity and urinary incontinence very consistently . There are variable results on when the results are seen for tightness, increased sensation or increase moisture. Many women do see some results after the first treatment but others see the results only after the second treatment. It depends on the age of the patient  and the degree of severity of the symptoms. The postmenopausal woman with long standing dryness to me takes the longest time to see a major difference. But they all respond, and its important to discuss other treatments that can help with the specific reason you might the treatment for as there may be other adjunct treatment options such as PRP, hormone replacement etc that can help as well. 

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS

ThermiVa Results

Results can be seen as soon as a patient's first ThermiVa treatment. However, full results won't be visible until after the three treatments are complete.

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa Results

The results of ThermiVa will vary with each patient. However, overwhelmingly most patients have reportedly be able to see a difference immediately after the first procedure. In order for these changes to continue and for results to increase in affect and longevity, it is necessary to have the subsequent treatments. Some patients have reached their desired results after only 2 treatments, but likely it will take 3. Thanks and best of luck. 

ThermiVA results

As a certified ThermiVA trainer in the Atlanta area, I have trained many doctors on how to safely use ThermiVA and we have the most experience with ThermiVA in Georgia. Many of our patients notice the result of ThermiVa immediately.  It is a non-surgical temperature controlled vaginal tightening device using radiofrequency (RF) energy. ThermiVA is performed in the office using only local anesthesia. There is no need for sedation or general anesthesia, but available if requested. ThermiVA uses the same technology as ThermTight and ThermiSmooth, which has been used for years in other areas to reduce the effects of aging such as the face, neck, arms, and abdomen.

For those looking for vaginal tightening procedures, its better to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon and offered the correct treatment for the problem. ThermiVA is one of the tools we offer. I agree, "if all you have is a hammer..... everything looks like a nail" Do your homework to make sure your plastic surgeon offers other options for your problem and is experienced with RF technology.

Themiva is a wonderful procedure for vaginal tightening for vaginal laxity, stress urinary urgency, orgasmic dysfunction, labial reduction. ThermiVA is the latest technology for vaginal rejuvenation without surgery, or downtime. The excellent results from Thermiva has been supported by studies, patient testimonial, and numerous reviews. In our certified center, those that are not candidates for ThermiVa are offered other options such as labialplasty or vaginoplasty during the confidential consultation.

However, your best plastic surgeon has the experience, training, and results that relates to you. Do your research and find a real Plastic Surgeon and book a paid consultation. Free consults are just a sales pitch and does not work in your best interest. People always say “you get what you pay for”. This is very true in Plastic Surgery.

Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon.

Questions to ask your potential plastic surgeon (Answering NO is a big red flag)

1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (You should research the differences between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon. Make sure that your plastic surgeon is a trained surgeon! You may be surprised)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery? (Board certified in what? You are looking for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are many boards and some are fake. Make sure that the certifying board is a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Association.)
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited & certified procedure room or ambulatory surgery center, or hospital
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform the same procedure you do in the office? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance. How do you handle complications and revision (it does happen, it better to be safe)

The most important decision is to do your homework well. Good luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD

How Fast?

We have seen positive results essentially immediately in many of our patients. In fact I initially discounted this as being "too good to be true" until it seems almost everyone was achieving great results very rapidly. We have had only one individual who initially had slight symptom of urinary frequency (not incontinence) that rapidly subsided in 1 week with then great results. 
ThermiVa is a "game changer" given its ease, safety, comfort, and highly effective outcomes.

Ludwig A. Allegra, MD