ThermiVa: When Do You See The Results?

When can I expect to see results after my ThermiVa treatments?

Results for ThermiVA

It depends on what you are using ThermiVA to treat. I see immediate results for improvement of  labia major laxity and urinary incontinence very consistently . There are variable results on when the results are seen for tightness, increased sensation or increase moisture. Many women do see some results after the first treatment but others see the results only after the second treatment. It depends on the age of the patient  and the degree of severity of the symptoms. The postmenopausal woman with long standing dryness to me takes the longest time to see a major difference. But they all respond, and its important to discuss other treatments that can help with the specific reason you might the treatment for as there may be other adjunct treatment options such as PRP, hormone replacement etc that can help as well. 

ThermiVA Results

Some patients notice a difference even immediately following a treatment. The maximum effectiveness will be noticed a month or two after a series of 3 procedures are completed. Maintenance treatments are recommended at about 8-12 months.

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician

ThermiVa Results

Hi and thank you for your question!
Our patients have noted improvements in tightening (internal and external), incontinence, sensation, and lubrication after one treatment. Most of these results being noted immediately or within days after the 1st treatment. We recommend 3 treatments, one month apart, to assure the longevity and completion of these effects.
Feel free to call our office for questions.
Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

When Results from ThermiVA become apparent...

Every patient sees results on different schedules. Some results are apparent immediately whereas others can take a couple of months to completely improve. I had a patient last week who complained of mild stress urinary incontinence who subsequently left my office to "test" the benefits of her treatment; this included drinking lots of liquids and running/jumping repeatedly. She noted no urinary leakage after just one session. 

There are great anecdotal reports for many patients with quick results. I wouldn't, however, be discouraged if you don't fall into this category. The more severe one's symptoms are, the more likely it will take more sessions for ideal results. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Immediate results with ThermiVa

We have had the opportunity to see patients have an improvement even after their first treatment. Some have described initial tightening as well as a "waking up" sensation of the sensitive areas in the vulvo-vaginal region even doing the treatment.  We do recommend a series of 3 treatment to help maximize outcome.  Internal and external rejuvenation continues to improve over the 3 months, very similar to the results we see when using our ThermiTight and ThermiSmooth treatments.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

TherimiVa Result

You should see as well as feel result immediately after treatment.  That is one of the beauty of ThermiVa.

Susan F. Lin, MD
San Mateo OB/GYN

When To Expect Results With ThermiVa

The typical protocol for ThermiVa treatments at my practice is 3 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart. I tell my patients that many women see improvement in vaginal tightening after the first treatment, but that optimal results will be observed 3 months after the third treatment.

From there, I like to reevaluate my patients after 3 months to see how well they responded to the treatment. Annual maintenance is recommended but the maintenance phase is different for every woman - ranging anywhere from every 9-18 months. Discuss your results with your physician. They'll be able to guide you to the best recommendation.

Cheers!

Timing of ThermiVa Results

Results from ThermiVa can be seen immediately after the treatment.  The tightening effect on the labia minora, labia majora and clitoral hood can be visualized as soon as the treatment is completed.  

Internal changes such as decreased laxity, improved lubrication and improved sensitivity can also be appreciated soon after the treatment is finished.  Patients are able to resume vaginal intercourse right after the procedure; there is no recovery downtime.

We recommend a series of 3 treatments spaced one month apart.  This should be followed by a single maintenance treatment every 6-12 months.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVA results

Results form ThermiVA treatment can be appreciated almost immediately after treatment, both cosmetic and in tightening of the tissues.

The best results with ThermiVA are seen with 3 consecutive treatments (each 1 month apart) and 1 maintenance treatment annually thereafter.  The consecutive treatment builds upon one another and ultimately tightens internal vaginal mucosa and external genitalia for up to one year.

Great improvement in external and internal tissue tightness, vaginal moisture and even mild urinary incontinence can be seen after just one treatment, with most durable results after 3 recommended treatments. 

My Best suggestion is to seek a consultation with a reputable provider and discuss your unique case so that recommendations can be made and expectations can be set.

Kathleen Waldorf, MD, FACS

When will you see ThermiVA results

Thanks for your question -

ThermiVA results can be seen almost immediately even after the first treatment.  The extent of tightening varies from person to person and usually reaches maximum result after three sessions.

This is a comfortable, non-invasive effective treatment for vaginal rejuvenation.

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD