ThermiVa: Does it Help With Orgasmic Dysfunction?

Does ThermiVa help women who have difficulty achieving orgasm?

Anecdotally, the answer is definitely yes.  Our patients report substantial improvement in orgasmic function after treatment, both in time to achieve orgasm and intensity.  This is likely due to increasing blood flow and supply to the area.  

ThermiVA is a radio frequency based device. There is no evidence that ThermiVa helps to improve prgasms. The platelet rich plasma treatment known as the "O-Shot" helps orgasm function in many cases.  This technology is not able to raise tissue temperatures sufficiently to promote new collagen growth (Neocollagenesis), which is necessary for any lasting results. It has been shown that Neocollagenesis occurs ONLY when the tissues are heated to 60-70C. ThermiVa absolutely does not heat tissues to 60-70C, but only achieves perhaps 45-55 degrees Celsius. By heating the vaginal lining tissues, ThermiVa causes swelling, or edema. There is no scientific basis that supports the notion of ThermiVa producing long lasting results Fractional laser devices, such as Femi Lift by Alma lasers, actually have been shown through rigorous scientific study, to promote Neocollagenesis by heating the vaginal lining tissues to 60-70 degrees Celsius. Furthermore, Femi Lift also causes fractional ablation of the vaginal lining, resulting in regrowth of a thicker and more youthful vaginal lining. In my practice we have treated dozens of patients with Femi Lift and I have nor seen a single treatment failure. Furthermore, most, if not all of my stress urinary incontinence patients (mild to moderate severity) have completely resolved their SUI.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa may help increase vaginal sensation which may help increase orgasm.

Orgasmic and sexual dysfunction in women is extremely common, and it is a problem that may occur due to many issues and factors. Inability to orgasm at all or easily can be related to age, hormone levels, neurologic damage, medical/health problems, medications, socio- and psychological factors, relationship issues, etc.

If you look at preliminary testimonials (, ThermiVa decreases looseness and increases sensation, which may, in turn, improve sexual function and improve or create stronger orgasms.

At lot of it depends on what underlying factors and issues exist? ThermiVa will not likely improve libido or desire. 

If you suffer from orgasmic dysfunction, I strongly urge you to look into the O-shot.

Alison Tate, MD
Pasadena Urogynecologist

Orgasmic Dysfuction

Yes, the ThermiVa can help with this. It will help result in heightened sensitivity, more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions, and ability to achieve orgasms in a shorter amount of time.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

ThermiVa for better orgasms

#Thermiva for vagina and #labiaplasty
Themiva has been demonstrated to improve vaginal dryness, improve vaginal circulation and heighten orgasm.
It tightens the vaginal canal and can reduce the outer Labia.
There is no down time, no pain or discomfort.
Three treatments are needed.

ThermiVa and orgasmic dysfunction

Orgasmic dysfunction is multifactorial and can be due to a variety of physical, hormonal and psychological causes. ThermiVa tightens the vaginal and labial areas and improves vaginal lubrication and sensation, improving these aspects of sexual satisfaction.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiVa and Orgasmic Dysfunction

Yes. It can reduce your time to reach an orgasm by 1/3 to 1/2 while giving a stronger and more coordinated muscular contraction.

Camille Cash, MD

ThermiVa and Sexual wellness

ThermiVa has been shown to improve some of the factors that can influence a woman having orgasm during intercourse. These include the improvement in the quality and quantity of lubrication that decreased pain with intercourse.  Improved confidence of how she views her newly rejuvenated vulvar area.   Increased sensitivity and decreasing of vaginal gas as well as leaking.  Although these are not the only factors that affect orgasm we are pleased to see we can improve those that we can.  All of which provide a hopeful confidence and empowerment.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Difficulty achieving orgasm

ThermiVa treatments cause a cascade of biological processes within the vagina.  These processes lead to increased lubrication, rejuvenation of the mucosa or lining, and most importantly to your question increased sensitivity, which in turn allows most women to report enjoying sex more.  Some non-orgasmic women will have orgasms, others report having better orgasms both in frequency and intensity.

Orgasm and ThermiVA treatments

Orgasmic dysfunction is multifactorial but almost 50% of women have reported some degree of "dysfunction" .Yes, I have seen many women have improved orgasms and also achieve orgasms in a shorter period of time. Thermi-O ( combining ThermiVa with the O-shot) has shown to be a "game-changer" in this regard. I  treat with the O-shot during the 3rd ThermiVa treatment if they should desire even more improvement that what they have seen with ThermiVa alone. 

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS