ThermiVa: How Long Do The Results Last?

Are the results from ThermiVa permanent?

ThermiVa maintenence

Just as with any restoration and rejuvenation project there has to be some ongoing maintenance. I usually tell my patients that you don't wash and wax your car just once.

After the three recommended treatments most of the studies and clients are checking in back in with their providers in about a year.  Combine treatments and recommendations of gynecologist, urologist, or primary care manager when indicated can improve the quality and longevity of the procedure.  The value of the sexual health for the patient and her partner can be a high priority.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results Vary

ThermiVa results will vary from patient to patient, depending upon age, health & medical condition. In most patients results are maximized after three treatments and an annual touchup (meaning a single 30 minute treatment yearly). 

Dean L. Johnston, MD

How long do the results last

Thank you for the question.  Like all parts of the body, we will continue to age over time with wear and tear and hormonal changes that we all go through.  ThermiVa uses radiofrequency to deliver heat into the female genital region.  This causes increased blood flow, increased sensitivity, increased tissue tightening, and improved moisture balance. The outer genital region benefits when the tissues are tightened.  This can last about 6 months or so.  The inner vaginal tightening can last about 9-15 months.  Everyone is different, but like most tightening procedures, it will not last forever as we continue to age. Hope this helps.  

Grant Stevens, MD

ThermiVa Maintenance Treatments

Thank you for this question.  Unfortunately, there are no procedures that will stop you from continuing to age.  The need to retreat will be based on individual needs and expectations.  For example, if ThermiVa was done for urinary incontinence and even a small leak is unacceptable, then a touchup may need to be done sooner rather than later.  In addition, both genetic and environmental factors (such as smoking, weight gain/obesity, hormones, etc.) affect aging of the vaginal tissue.  Overall, the expectation is that women will need one treatment per year as maintenance.

Natalie Drake, MD
The Woodlands OB/GYN

ThermiVa - How long does it last?

Thank you for your question.  ThermiVa is a new technology that I have been using in my cosmetic-plastic gynecology practice for the past few months.  Most of my patients, who are good candidates for ThermiVa, are seeing some improvement after their first treatment and significant improvement after the final treatment. The results last approximately one year (as long as you do not have any further pregnancies or deliveries) according to the manufacturer, but I will evaluate that with my own patient population as we monitor their progress.  I have advised my patients that a single "touch-up" treatment may be necessary after one year to maintain their results.  Take Care!

Best Regards,
Dr. John Serrao 

ThermiVa results do not last forever

As good of a treatment as ThermiVa is, results are not forever. This is true of FemiLift and Mona Lisa Touch, Three treatments 1 month apart of ThermiVa are recommended (they take 20-30 min), and then with follow up about yearly. Follow up treatments can be based on patient symptoms. Follow up treatments more than yearly are also completely safe. Everybody is different. Our bodies have constant cellular turnover so collagen levels will also be less over time if you do not maintain maintenance therapy.

Alison Tate, MD
Pasadena Urogynecologist

ThermiVa Results Vary

A thorough consultation and examination must first be performed if ThermiVa is appropriate for a patients specific condition.  Then, typically, a patient will start to notice results after 2-3 ThermiVa treatments 1 month apart.  Depending on the severity of the condition and the individual, an additional treatment or maintenance treatment may be needed sometime within a few months to a year.  

ThermiVa: How Long Do The Results Last?

After the recommended three treatments, an annual check up and a maintenance treatment (One Session only) seems to work the best. The results do vary from patient to patient and you should consult your doctor about your individual situation. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVA maintainance

ThermiVA  it's a very quick procedure takes about 30 minutes and it's done approximately once a month for a total of three times. Treatment regimen is completed and most doctors would recommend that you have maintenance treatments about once per year. This is totally up to you however based on how your treatment and results are going. you may see improvements in vaginal mucosal thickening, improved moisture, tightening, increased sensitivity, and reduced leakage that can last a very long time. Because all of these treatments are relatively new no one can truly say how long they may last but anecdotal evidence from the longest providers indicate it will be in the range of about a year. 

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

How Long Do ThermiVa Results Last

The typical protocol for ThermiVa treatments at my practice is 3 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart. I tell my patients that many women see improvement in vaginal tightening after the first treatment, but that optimal results will be observed 3 months after the third treatment.

From there, I like to reevaluate my patients after 3 months to see how well they responded to the treatment. Annual maintenance is recommended but the maintenance phase is different for every woman - ranging anywhere from every 9-18 months. Discuss your results with your physician. They'll be able to guide you to the best recommendation.

Cheers!