ThermiVa: How Long Do The Results Last?

Are the results from ThermiVa permanent?

How long do the results last

Thank you for the question.  Like all parts of the body, we will continue to age over time with wear and tear and hormonal changes that we all go through.  ThermiVa uses radiofrequency to deliver heat into the female genital region.  This causes increased blood flow, increased sensitivity, increased tissue tightening, and improved moisture balance. The outer genital region benefits when the tissues are tightened.  This can last about 6 months or so.  The inner vaginal tightening can last about 9-15 months.  Everyone is different, but like most tightening procedures, it will not last forever as we continue to age. Hope this helps.  

How long do the results last

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

ThermiVa maintenence

Just as with any restoration and rejuvenation project there has to be some ongoing maintenance. I usually tell my patients that you don't wash and wax your car just once.

After the three recommended treatments most of the studies and clients are checking in back in with their providers in about a year.  Combine treatments and recommendations of gynecologist, urologist, or primary care manager when indicated can improve the quality and longevity of the procedure.  The value of the sexual health for the patient and her partner can be a high priority.

ThermiVa maintenence

Results Vary

ThermiVa results will vary from patient to patient, depending upon age, health & medical condition. In most patients results are maximized after three treatments and an annual touchup (meaning a single 30 minute treatment yearly). 

Results Vary

ThermiVa - How long does it last?

Thank you for your question.  ThermiVa is a new technology that I have been using in my cosmetic-plastic gynecology practice for the past few months.  Most of my patients, who are good candidates for ThermiVa, are seeing some improvement after their first treatment and significant improvement after the final treatment. The results last approximately one year (as long as you do not have any further pregnancies or deliveries) according to the manufacturer, but I will evaluate that with my own patient population as we monitor their progress.  I have advised my patients that a single "touch-up" treatment may be necessary after one year to maintain their results.  Take Care!

Best Regards,
Dr. John Serrao 

ThermiVa - How long does it last?

Best Regards,
Dr. John Serrao 

ThermiVa results do not last forever

As good of a treatment as ThermiVa is, results are not forever. This is true of FemiLift and Mona Lisa Touch, Three treatments 1 month apart of ThermiVa are recommended (they take 20-30 min), and then with follow up about yearly. Follow up treatments can be based on patient symptoms. Follow up treatments more than yearly are also completely safe. Everybody is different. Our bodies have constant cellular turnover so collagen levels will also be less over time if you do not maintain maintenance therapy.

Alison Tate, MD
Pasadena Urogynecologist

ThermiVa results do not last forever

Alison Tate, MD
Pasadena Urogynecologist

ThermiVa results last for generally a year, then maintenance is recommended

From studies thus far, the results of ThermiVa will generally last at least a year, then maintenance is recommended every 12 to 18 months. It should be noted that initial treatments consist of a series of 3 treatments, but maintenance is usually only one treatment. At our facility, the maintenance treatment is greatly discounted to encourage women to maintain their results.

How long does a thermiVa procedure last?

The results of a ThemiVa procedure can last up to 12 - 14 months when three procedures are completed 30 days apart.  The procedure is designed to help with vaginal moisture, improve vaginal laxity, improves pain with intercourse and a added bonus is improved mild firms of urinary incontinence.  As a vaginal surgeon I'm happy there is a non  invasive procedure  to offer women.

Treatment results can vary...

Procedure results can vary depending on the type of energy delivered and the expertise of the gynecologist.  In addition, how the patient takes care of herself makes a big difference in the results.  We constantly will lose collagen as we age so may need a 'touch up one time treatment every year.  However, with the BTL Ultrafemme 360, you can build this back up quickly. Most people see and feel long lasting results after the second of three treatments.  It is a fast treatment with a larger treatment area than the ThermivVa.  Radiofrequency results have truly evolved! 

Treatment results can vary...

ThermiVa Results

While ThermiVa results are not permanent since the body continues to change over time, they are long-lasting. Most patients will require three treatments to see optimal results, and a yearly touch-up session to maintain results.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa Results

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How long do ThermiVa results last?

ThermiVa uses radiofrequency to heat the tissues of the vaginal wall as well as the external labial tissues.  The radiofrequency causes a number of positive benefits to include: tightening of the tissues, increased blood flow, improved lubrication, improved sensation, decrease in urinary incontinence, etc.

The initial treatment regimen consists of 3 treatments spaced one month apart and then a single maintenance treatment every 6-12 months.  Each individual is different but this treatment plan should provide ongoing long-term results for the majority of patients.

How long do ThermiVa results last?