ThermiSmooth: Is it Painful?

What does ThermiSmooth feel like? Is it painful? 

ThermiSmooth - Gentle and Painless

We have found that of all of the devices we have tried at our office, ThermiSmooth is by far the most comfortable. Patients often describe the treatment as gentle and very similar to a warm massage. During my own ThermiSmooth treatments I have actually fallen asleep, and my patients have consistently remarked on the painlessness of ThermiSmooth. 

Oak Brook Physician

ThermiSmooth Comfort

ThermiSmooth is by far one of the most comfortable non-invasive procedures we offer at our practice. Patient's describe ThermiSmooth as being similar to a warm stone massage. Our Body Contouring Expert applies a gel to the area of treatment and moves the ThermiSmooth in circular motions as it gradually heats up for the duration of the treatment. Some of our patient's even fall asleep during the treatment! 

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

ThermiSmooth is definitely not painful

ThermiSmooth is definitely not painful, nor should it be.  The procedure uses a smooth metal tipped hand piece with a coupling gel to deliver the radiofrequency energy, which causes the results.  It feels like a warm massage

ThermiSmooth for skin tightening feels like a deep thermal massage in my NYC practice

ThermiSmooth external radiofrequency, gently heats the skin and the technique once mastered by the provider, can feel like a thermal massage to the patient.

Some of my patients feels like they could sleep during the procedure.  No anesthetic is needed.  There is a mild redness that turns to pink and is gone in minutes to an hour or less for most patients.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Is ThermiSmooth Painful?

ThermiSmooth does not hurt. It has been described by a few of our patients as comparable to a hot stone massage. Warm, but not uncomfortably so. It is actually rather relaxing according to most of our clients.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is ThermiSmooth painful?

ThermiSmooth is a radiofrequency device that works by heating the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production and skin tightening. During the procedure, you feel a progressive warming sensation in the treated area that most patients tolerate very well. Each area takes about 10 minutes each to treat and the downtime associated with it is extremely minimal, with many going back to work or their daily activities. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon