What are the treatments available for hair loss caused by PCOS Hormonal Disorder?

I'm looking for natural ways to overcome this problem. Other symptoms are: - Weight gain - Acne - Hair Loss - excessive hairiness - Fatigue, Exhaustion - Depression.

What are the treatments available for hair loss

The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair Loss and PCOS

Thank you for your question. You first will need a definitive diagnosis, and I recommend you have a hormone workup with an endocronologist first, or Internal medicine specialist, and have a complete understgnding of your condition. Each situation is different and unique so you will need to develop a plan on treatment with your specialist. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss in women with PCOS

Ideally all women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) should see a specialist in this area. All of these issues are important to address and from my experience treating many many women with PCOS, each of these may actually improve hair growth outcomes ( even if they seems remotely related

The following are just general terms, the specific answers for you will come from knowing all your medical history.  

Most women with PCOS benefit from an oral contraceptive plus addition of a hormone blocker such as spironolactone. Addition of minoxidil usually provides additional benefit. Spironolactone not only helps improve hair growth on the scalp but actually reduces hair growth on the face. Other hair loss options include low level laser, platelet rich plasma and hair transplants. I generally advise use of an anti- inflammatory shampoo for women with PCOS, as the hormonal environmental does seems to facilitate   seborrheic dermatitis (a type of dandruff-like condition)

Diet is important as is overall weight loss. This improves hormonal balance. Sometimes a dietician is needed. All women with PCOS should be screen for diabetes and blood pressure issues and these carefully controlled if found abnormal. 

As far as natural ways to overcome PCOS, I am not aware of any with nearly the effectiveness of the above comments.

Treatment of Hair Loss Secondary to PCOS

PCOS or PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome may cause male patterned hair loss in women.  The most important thing is to make a proper diagnosis and treat the PCOC or bring it under control.  

The treatment of the hair loss in this condition is similar to hair loss in men with typical male patterned hair loss.  Anti-androgen medications can block the effect of androgen that is responsible for the patterned baldness.  Hair transplant can also successfully restore the hair in this group of patients. 

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon