Had 1 surgery and 1 revision for mild gynecomastia, planning yet another. All done by same Board-Cert. Dr, I need advice (photo)

In mid-2015 I had lipo for mild gynecomastia. In early 2016 I had a revision; right breast was larger than left. While there has been some improvement overall, my chest is still not reduced to my desired level. My Dr. is willing to perform yet another revision at no cost (other than anesthesia), but I am wondering why I have to have so many surgeries, and if the results thus far are of good enough quality to continue with this. Dr. Any advice, opinions, or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Had 1 surgery and 1 revision for mild gynecomastia, planning yet another. All done by same Board-Cert. Dr, I need advice

Liposuction is not the treatment for true gynecomastia. If you have a glandular tissue under the nipples that would require direct excision. 

Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Revision gyne surgery

Is it possible you incorrectly labeled your photos? From the labels it appears your gyne is worse after surgery than before, so that leads me to believe the pictures are mislabeled. If you can clarify, this will help a great deal in provide you a more accurate response. 

In the meantime, I would say whether or not you should have a third surgery is really entirely up to you. If the result is causing you a lot of grief and lack of self-confidence, then it might be worth considering. You should also evaluate whether you are being too much of a perfectionist. Results are never "perfect." The vision of your chest in your mind may not be attainable. If the photos I believe are your after photos (the first two) are in fact what you look like now, I would say your chest looks acceptable. It does appear further correction is possible though. 

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and pictures. It is hard to tell completely from the pictures, but it may very well be that the reason for your persistent gynecomastia may be due to glandular breast tissue under the areola area which can't be fixed with liposuction alone.  My suggestion is either bring this up to your PS, or if you think maybe you are weary, seek a second opinion from a Board Certified PS and then decide who to have your revision with.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

You did not need the gynecomastia surgery to begin with. By the third revision you most probably will not be happy

Expectations After a Gynecomastia Revision

Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.