I'm 4ft11, 92lbs: What size of implants is good for my petite frame? (Photo)

I am 4 ft. 11 in and 92 pounds. I am a 30a cup and have a rib cage measurement of 26.5 in. I would like to be full c cup and have an hourglass figure. My body measurements are 30-24-34 I want my measurements to be 34-24-34 without looking top heavy and still look natural. I have to get saline I am 18 years old.

Implants for a really petite young woman.

WOW.  You have a terrific figure and your breasts are nice and full considering how petite you are.  My advice to you is to do absolutely nothing.  It is hard to improve on close to perfect.  

Implant sizing considerations

An in person consultation will allow us to obtain measurement of your chest wall and breaat - rational implant sizing is based on these measurements. Our clinic is in Seattle, close to you.

I'm 4ft11, 92lbs: What size of implants is good for my petite frame?

Implant size and shape is determined during a consultation and examination. A cup size for you is about 150cc, and if you want to achieve a "C" cup, you would probably do well with a low or moderate profile 260-300cc. This is based on your photos, without the benefit of an in person examination. I would place the implants in a dual plane, that is, partial submuscular pocket. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation to see what would be your best long term choice. Good luck.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon